Who are we?  Featured Cameras  Articles  Instruction Manuals  Repair Manuals  The Classic Camera Repair Forum  Books  View/Sign Guestbook

Kodak Retina IIc repair manual Log in | Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Classic Camera Repair » Archives-2008 » Kodak Retina IIc repair manual « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Jayd
Tinkerer
Username: Jayd

Post Number: 16

Rating: N/A
Votes: 0 (Vote!)

Posted on Wednesday, June 18, 2008 - 04:38 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Anyone have a repair manual for this camera or one that applies to this camera ? with Rick Olsen's notes I have the top off and the shutter exposed but I'm a little afraid to dive in futher being my first compur shutter. I would feel better if I had a manual, otherwise I will have to study the thing and figure out on my own exactly how each piece works as the shutter was locked up: it was being held by the little inter locking piece at the top left holding the shutter release lever from being pushed down; why I don't know ? Rick's notes are very good I'm just not familar enough with it to feel comfortable yet.
Jay

Nickon51
Tinkerer
Username: Nickon51

Post Number: 6

Posted on Thursday, June 19, 2008 - 11:32 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Hi Jay,

According to some notes on the net and some that I have, the Retina IIc was fitted with a Synchro Compur-MV 00 EVS. A Compur CS-1110-340, which was a special Compur shutter based on the CN-1110-000 standard shutter. I have some exploded views of this shutter if they will help.

A common fault with these shutters is the self timer used to gum up and not run down. That left the shutter locked up waiting for the timer.

I'm not sure if I can find your email address here. If I can I'll send you the details.

Cheers
Greg Nixon

Leo6645
Tinkerer
Username: Leo6645

Post Number: 5

Posted on Thursday, October 30, 2008 - 09:04 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Hi
Did you find the Renita's compur explided view? I am looking for it to assemble my IIc shutter.
Thanks
Leo

Nickon51
Tinkerer
Username: Nickon51

Post Number: 39

Posted on Saturday, November 01, 2008 - 06:28 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Hi Leo,
I have an exploded view of the Compur Shutter CN-1110-000. Checking with Jay, I think that will be close enough for you to reassemble your shutter. Let me know if you still need a copy and I'll email it to you.
Cheers
Greg

Brianshaw
Tinkerer
Username: Brianshaw

Post Number: 40

Posted on Saturday, November 01, 2008 - 06:47 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

You're in for a real experience (sarcasm DEFINITELY implied)! They can be a real bear to work on. Some of the spring positions are not intuitive. Also, they like to be properly cleaned and lubed. Suggest you invest in a complete repair manual before proceeding. They are available on ebay for about $20, if memory serves me right.

Chris_sherlock
Tinkerer
Username: Chris_sherlock

Post Number: 8

Posted on Monday, November 17, 2008 - 12:15 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

OK, I've scanned the Retina IIIc parts list, turned it into a .pdf file and posted it on the 'net. It's a big file, you can find it here...

http://www.4shared.com/file/71684752/2353cbf/Retina_IIIc_manual.html

If that's too hard for you there is a link on my homepage.

http://homepages.ihug.co.nz/~Srawhiti/index.html

Regards, Chris

Steve_s
Tinkerer
Username: Steve_s

Post Number: 138

Posted on Tuesday, November 18, 2008 - 01:29 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

That's fantastic, Chris! It will be extremely useful when I get to sorting out my IIIc.

The clarity is first-rate, even at large magnifications. It must have taken a great deal of work to compile, and you have done everyone repairing one of these cameras a great service.

Brianshaw
Tinkerer
Username: Brianshaw

Post Number: 41

Posted on Thursday, November 20, 2008 - 03:24 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Thanks Chris. I can't wait for it to finish downloading. For those who don't quite know what "big file" means... 31 MB. It is a wonderful resource you are providing!

Leo6645
Tinkerer
Username: Leo6645

Post Number: 6

Posted on Friday, November 28, 2008 - 01:16 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Thanks Greg - I'd like to have the exploded view you mention.
You can email it to me to [email protected]
Thanks again
Leo

Add Your Message Here
Bold text Italics Underline Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image

Username: Posting Information:
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Password:
Options: Enable HTML code in message
Automatically activate URLs in message
Action:

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions | Program Credits Administration