Who are we?  Featured Cameras  Articles  Instruction Manuals  Repair Manuals  The Classic Camera Repair Forum  Books  View/Sign Guestbook

Why my lens cannot change the diaphra... Log in | Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Classic Camera Repair » Archives-2008 » Why my lens cannot change the diaphragm again? « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Aeroxy
Tinkerer
Username: Aeroxy

Post Number: 1

Rating: N/A
Votes: 0 (Vote!)

Posted on Friday, June 20, 2008 - 06:12 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Couples months ago, for no reason, and I do not know what causes, even I change my lens¡¯ A /M switcher to the M position, it cannot adjust the diaphragm. I open the lens to withstand a profile of the firing pin so I can adjust it again with the A position. But later, I found that it only regulation from F1.8 to F4, the aperture small than the F4 virtually has not been changed, continues to maintain the size of F4. Therefore I open the lens again, made the installation look like the original. I found the M file can be used again, not the conventional 'can', but need to first stall transferred to M, laws aperture size, than switch to A (damping will become great), in the process of changed to the A position, the aperture will shrink. However, if I want to change the diaphragm to less than the F4 aperture, I have to switch twice, the first adjustment to the A will make the diaphragm shrink to F4, and the second is scheduled to be contracted aperture. Of course, sometimes it is failed, than I got to repeatedly try several times. Thereby I find it is very inconvenient, particularly evident on the spider. So I once again open the lens of the camera, to shoot that the lens¡¯s inside configuration. Maybe there are some great master might be able to find the problem of my lens, and told me how to repairs. Oh, of course, very grateful to the friends who patiently read this passage.

(I don't know how to pose a picture, and the attachment is limited to a max 450 pic.)

Rick_oleson
Tinkerer
Username: Rick_oleson

Post Number: 602

Posted on Friday, June 20, 2008 - 08:37 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Your lens diaphragm probably needs to be cleaned. Oil gets into the mechanism, then dries and gets sticky and then the blades do not close properly. For cleaning, the lens needs to be taken apart.

From your description, I am guessing that maybe you are talking about a 50 or 55mm f/1.8 Takumar? I have a disassembly sketch for a 55/1.8 Super Tak, it is not very much information but it might help. If you do not have a Takumar, though, this sketch will not help; different makers used different construction.

Aeroxy
Tinkerer

Post Number: 2

Posted on Saturday, June 21, 2008 - 02:55 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

It is pentacon 50/1.8, I believe it is quite similar.

Aeroxy
Tinkerer

Post Number: 3

Posted on Saturday, June 21, 2008 - 03:00 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

http://forum.manualfocus.org/viewtopic.php?id=10842

You may click this link, it is also post by me but with the picture. I think my mechanism is clean, because the diaphragm can change by using the pole easily.

Add Your Message Here
Bold text Italics Underline Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image

Username: Posting Information:
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Password:
Options: Enable HTML code in message
Automatically activate URLs in message
Action:

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions | Program Credits Administration