Who are we?  Featured Cameras  Articles  Instruction Manuals  Repair Manuals  The Classic Camera Repair Forum  Books  View/Sign Guestbook

Kowa SE shutter Log in | Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Classic Camera Repair » Archives-2008 » Kowa SE shutter « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Alisha
Tinkerer
Username: Alisha

Post Number: 1

Rating: N/A
Votes: 0 (Vote!)

Posted on Tuesday, July 01, 2008 - 04:24 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Hello, I have a Kowa SE in beautiful cosmetic condition, but I believe it has a shutter jam, or the mirror is acting funny.

When I crank the film rewind and press the shutter, the mirror will go up, but the shutter will not fire unless you move the aperture ring and the mirror will not come back down unless you move the aperture ring some more.

I know that the Kowa cameras are renouned for being complex, but I was wondering if there was anything I could do to fix this. Any advise will be helpful. Thank you.
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Rick_oleson
Tinkerer
Username: Rick_oleson

Post Number: 614

Rating: N/A
Votes: 0 (Vote!)

Posted on Tuesday, July 01, 2008 - 05:15 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

I don't have anything specific for the SE, but I have disassembly notes for the SETR... if anything, a bit more complex with interchangeable lenses and TTL metering. As leaf shutter SLRs go, the Kowas (at least the SETR/SETR2) are well designed and robust, and relatively easy to service. Of course, that statement puts them at the easy end of a rather difficult class.

Drop me an email if you'd like the notes.

Add Your Message Here
Bold text Italics Underline Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image

Username: Posting Information:
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Password:
Options: Enable HTML code in message
Automatically activate URLs in message
Action:

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions | Program Credits Administration