Who are we?  Featured Cameras  Articles  Instruction Manuals  Repair Manuals  The Classic Camera Repair Forum  Books  View/Sign Guestbook

Aperture blades stuck in wide-open po... Log in | Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Classic Camera Repair » Archives-2008 » Aperture blades stuck in wide-open position (oil?) « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Dh003i
Tinkerer
Username: Dh003i

Post Number: 1

Rating: N/A
Votes: 0 (Vote!)

Posted on Saturday, July 05, 2008 - 07:38 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Does anyone here know what kind of place I should look for locally to get a lens opened up, and the aperture blades cleaned / fixed? I have a Rokkor 58mm f1.2 where the aperture blades got stuck in the open position (I think it's oil on the blades).

There also appears to be some dust / specs inside. There are screws on the rear element for it to be opened up; is it difficult to do this by one's self? I haven't ever done this before, so would be nervous, however.

Any suggestions on what places to look for locally would be much appreciated. Thanks
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Rick_oleson
Tinkerer
Username: Rick_oleson

Post Number: 616

Rating: N/A
Votes: 0 (Vote!)

Posted on Saturday, July 05, 2008 - 07:51 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

I don't know where locally is - to find a repair service in the USA or Canada, look at the directory at http://www.acecam.com/srindex.html

If you're thinking of doing this yourself, I have some notes on the 58/1.2 Rokkor-X and the 58/1.4 Rokkor-PF which might help. I would not worry about the dust specks, they will not affect your photos; you can blow some canned air into the lens while it's open to get the bigger ones off the glass. If you want the notes, email me at [email protected]

Add Your Message Here
Bold text Italics Underline Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image

Username: Posting Information:
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Password:
Options: Enable HTML code in message
Automatically activate URLs in message
Action:

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions | Program Credits Administration