Who are we?  Featured Cameras  Articles  Instruction Manuals  Repair Manuals  The Classic Camera Repair Forum  Books  View/Sign Guestbook

Pentax Program Plus, debris on TOP of... Log in | Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Classic Camera Repair » Archives-2008 » Pentax Program Plus, debris on TOP of focus screen « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Skid2964
Tinkerer
Username: Skid2964

Post Number: 1

Rating: N/A
Votes: 0 (Vote!)

Posted on Sunday, July 06, 2008 - 01:12 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

I recently aquired a Pentax Program Plus that has what appears to be bug leg parts on top of the focus screen. I tried to clean the other side with a q-tip and alcohol, I have since read this is not a recomended proceedure and I have determined the debris is not reachable from the lens opening anyway.

How do I reach this? Remove the screen? Are there other parts I can remove in order to blow it out?

Don
Tinkerer
Username: Don

Post Number: 32

Posted on Tuesday, July 08, 2008 - 06:35 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

I dont think this model has a removable screen which would simplify cleaning. You would have to remove the top, the flex & the prism to access the screen. Qtips can cause scratches -- better to use lens cleaning tissues.

Leo6645
Tinkerer
Username: Leo6645

Post Number: 1

Posted on Saturday, July 12, 2008 - 01:36 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

I can help you but first I'd like to know some things:
1) Do you have a set of jeweler's screwdrivers, have good eyesight or a good pair of glasse and strong lighting to see very small things very close?
2) Are you handy enough to perform a simple but precise job?

If your answer is yes to both of these questions I'll gladly take the time and effort to teach you how, with the help of photos, how to get your great camera viewfinder cleaned.
If your answer is no to any of these, better take the camera to a goood repairman or sell it in ebay to somebody that will be able to take care of these tasks and enjoy this great camera.

Skid2964
Tinkerer

Post Number: 2

Posted on Sunday, July 13, 2008 - 06:50 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

1) I ordered a set of precision screwdrivers several days ago. I have good eyesight and can focus closely, yes.

2) Handy for precise jobs, yes.

I had better get some cleaning tissues, I used q-tips, but the viewfinder does not looked scratched, I guess I was lucky.

Thank you very much for you offer, I look forward to getting this fixed.

Leo6645
Tinkerer
Username: Leo6645

Post Number: 2

Posted on Monday, July 14, 2008 - 06:28 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Go to http://www.latinsure.com/S%20program%20screen/screen.pdf and download the file. Hope it works for you
Leo

Skid2964
Tinkerer

Post Number: 3

Posted on Tuesday, July 15, 2008 - 12:39 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Thank you very much!

I will post the results.

Skid2964
Tinkerer

Post Number: 4

Posted on Thursday, August 07, 2008 - 09:49 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

I removed the dust using your suggestions, the camera is perfect now, thanks!

Add Your Message Here
Bold text Italics Underline Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image

Username: Posting Information:
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Password:
Options: Enable HTML code in message
Automatically activate URLs in message
Action:

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions | Program Credits Administration