Who are we?  Featured Cameras  Articles  Instruction Manuals  Repair Manuals  The Classic Camera Repair Forum  Books  View/Sign Guestbook

Canon AF35M No Response Problem (red ... Log in | Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Classic Camera Repair » Archives-2008 » Canon AF35M No Response Problem (red light glowing) « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Darrenabate
Tinkerer
Username: Darrenabate

Post Number: 1

Rating: N/A
Votes: 0 (Vote!)

Posted on Saturday, July 19, 2008 - 11:17 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Hi all,

I just picked up a Canon AF35M "Autoboy" at a garage sale, and I am having a problem with it. Upon loading batteries, the red light (film advance light) glows solid, but nothing else happens. When I try to load film, it will not advance. The only sign of life the camera has is, when I press the shutter button, a very very faint clicking sound can be heard from the inner workings (I have to hold it to my ear to hear it). It sounds like maybe the AF motor is thinking of waking up, etc., but nothing happens. The light just continues to glow, and a noticeable warmth radiates from the grip.

Any ideas on what the problem is, and how [if] it can be fixed?

Thanks in advance,

Darren

Add Your Message Here
Bold text Italics Underline Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image

Username: Posting Information:
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Password:
Options: Enable HTML code in message
Automatically activate URLs in message
Action:

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions | Program Credits Administration