Who are we?  Featured Cameras  Articles  Instruction Manuals  Repair Manuals  The Classic Camera Repair Forum  Books  View/Sign Guestbook

Nikon F3 Log in | Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Classic Camera Repair » Archives-2008 » Nikon F3 « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

D052057
Tinkerer
Username: D052057

Post Number: 1

Rating: N/A
Votes: 0 (Vote!)

Posted on Wednesday, July 23, 2008 - 06:00 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

I have a problem with my Nikon F3 and was hoping somebody here could give me some advice to repair it.
Here is the problems:

1. I set the camera mode to 'A' and I took several pictures then the glass in the view finder did release to the old position. To release it to the old position (or normal position), I have to change the mode to any other modes like 'M' to 1/2000 etc. If I take pictures again it will do the same thing. I notice that on the viewfinder the shutter speed is always said - 8 -.
2. To correct this problem, I have to open the door (to load/unload film) and push a little pin (small pin on the right inside the camera) to reset the film counter probably several times then it works again. I took several shots again then see #1.

The camera is working fine except the 'A' mode. The shutter speed shows correctly if I set it any speeds.

It looks like it loosing connection inside where I advance the film. I thought about open it (the top part) up but it needs special tools to do it.

I am willing to send it for repair if the price is reasonable or tell me where to get some tools and how to fix it.

Thanks.

Add Your Message Here
Bold text Italics Underline Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image

Username: Posting Information:
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Password:
Options: Enable HTML code in message
Automatically activate URLs in message
Action:

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions | Program Credits Administration