Who are we?  Featured Cameras  Articles  Instruction Manuals  Repair Manuals  The Classic Camera Repair Forum  Books  View/Sign Guestbook

Ricoh KR5 Shutter speeds are all the ... Log in | Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Classic Camera Repair » Archives-2008 » Ricoh KR5 Shutter speeds are all the same, won't adjust speed « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Dg359
Tinkerer
Username: Dg359

Post Number: 1

Rating: N/A
Votes: 0 (Vote!)

Posted on Tuesday, July 29, 2008 - 04:16 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

My Ricoh KR5 has decided to only have one shutter speed, irrespective of the setting I put it on. Even at B stop, it releases the shutter as soon as I press the button. All else appears to be working fine, the battery for the metering is good etc. So all the way from B stop to one 500th of a second, the speed is always the same. Anyone got any ideas?
Dave
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Rick_oleson
Tinkerer
Username: Rick_oleson

Post Number: 630

Rating: N/A
Votes: 0 (Vote!)

Posted on Wednesday, July 30, 2008 - 06:12 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

It sounds like the escapement is stuck. This is a square blade type shutter, the timing system is located to the right of the mirror box, behind the self timer (if the Kr5 has one of those, I don't recall). You will have to remove the mirror box to reach it. Unless you're interested in taking up camera repair as a hobby, it might be less trouble and not much more expense to find another camera.

Add Your Message Here
Bold text Italics Underline Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image

Username: Posting Information:
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Password:
Options: Enable HTML code in message
Automatically activate URLs in message
Action:

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions | Program Credits Administration