Who are we?  Featured Cameras  Articles  Instruction Manuals  Repair Manuals  The Classic Camera Repair Forum  Books  View/Sign Guestbook

Zeiss Contaflex supper Log in | Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Classic Camera Repair » Archives-2008 » Zeiss Contaflex supper « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Zeiss_guy
Tinkerer
Username: Zeiss_guy

Post Number: 1

Rating: N/A
Votes: 0 (Vote!)

Posted on Friday, August 01, 2008 - 12:38 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

I was out taking photos tonight when at my dismay my shutter separated from the mirror (or at least that is what I think happened) I am not the most savvy person when it comes to cameras and am hoping someone can lead me in the right direction as to how I might go about fixing this snafu.

Rick_oleson
Tinkerer
Username: Rick_oleson

Post Number: 631

Posted on Friday, August 01, 2008 - 04:20 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Can you describe the symptoms that you see? I can't picture the shutter separating from the mirror.

Zeiss_guy
Tinkerer

Post Number: 2

Posted on Friday, August 01, 2008 - 11:06 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

So when I went to change out film I noticed that the shutter was still down, so I threaded the new film. when I looked through the viewfinder it was black. So I tried to advance the film and instead of hearing the ratcheting of the shutter, the advance just slides freely. And last but not least it will allow me to use the black f-stops but it will not allow me to go into the green f-stops

Zeiss_guy
Tinkerer

Post Number: 3

Posted on Friday, August 01, 2008 - 01:14 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

So I figured out what went wrong. In my tiredness I did not advance the film all the way therefore now allowing the mirror to drop into place. I suppose I must be the first person in history to do that one but Thank you for trying to help me out Rick

Rick_oleson
Tinkerer
Username: Rick_oleson

Post Number: 632

Posted on Friday, August 01, 2008 - 07:56 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

I'm glad you figured it out, because that's one I don't think I've seen before.....

: ) =

Add Your Message Here
Bold text Italics Underline Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image

Username: Posting Information:
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Password:
Options: Enable HTML code in message
Automatically activate URLs in message
Action:

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions | Program Credits Administration