Who are we?  Featured Cameras  Articles  Instruction Manuals  Repair Manuals  The Classic Camera Repair Forum  Books  View/Sign Guestbook

Bronica back pains Log in | Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Classic Camera Repair » Archives-2008 » Bronica back pains « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Jboyle
Tinkerer
Username: Jboyle

Post Number: 1

Rating: N/A
Votes: 0 (Vote!)

Posted on Friday, August 01, 2008 - 10:26 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Hi, I'm new here. I recently purchased a Bronica ETRS off of KEH.com. When It came to my door step today I was very excited to get shooting with my 'new' camera. I put the camera all together and noticed that instead of the 120 back that was advertised they sent me a 220 back. Ok not a big deal...I thought. I noticed that it was a back for an ETR, This also from what I have been reading is not a big deal. I found a guide for the ETR and skimmed to the opening of the back. I found the back release lever and it told me to push it forward and the back would open. Well it will not open and I'm confused now on why not. I was curious to know if anyone has had this problem or know a way to fix it. Thanks!

Paul_ron
Tinkerer
Username: Paul_ron

Post Number: 117

Posted on Sunday, August 03, 2008 - 06:26 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Call KEH and they will take care of the problem and send you a 120 back... it's that simple and they are great about it.

Paul_ron
Tinkerer
Username: Paul_ron

Post Number: 118

Posted on Sunday, August 03, 2008 - 06:29 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

The locks are a 2 step process. One latch has to be flicked to the side as you push the tab to unlock it. THere is also a 2 latch type that has to be pushed together.

Jboyle
Tinkerer
Username: Jboyle

Post Number: 2

Posted on Monday, August 04, 2008 - 08:21 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

thank you so much! I feel a little dumb. I kept playing with both the push tab and latch but didn't think about pushing it together. I had read somewhere else that you needed to push the back together and push the push tab and it would unlatch. Thank you again!

Add Your Message Here
Bold text Italics Underline Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image

Username: Posting Information:
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Password:
Options: Enable HTML code in message
Automatically activate URLs in message
Action:

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions | Program Credits Administration