Who are we?  Featured Cameras  Articles  Instruction Manuals  Repair Manuals  The Classic Camera Repair Forum  Books  View/Sign Guestbook

Need Assistance with Meter of Yashica... Log in | Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Classic Camera Repair » Archives-2008 » Need Assistance with Meter of Yashica Mat 124 G « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Ajishc
Tinkerer
Username: Ajishc

Post Number: 1

Rating: N/A
Votes: 0 (Vote!)

Posted on Sunday, August 03, 2008 - 10:35 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Few weeks’ back I bought a Yashica Mat 124 G for less than 100 bucks. The camera is in good working condition and light meter needle also moves when putting a new battery. Whenever I tap the light meter is works and then it stops. So I decided to take a major risk and removed the View Finder to get access to backside of the light meter. That when I saw the problem. One of the two joints of the light meter was broken. Being adventures I unscrewed the light meter and removed the broken piece. I attached the light meter back with one screw.

Now when I check, both needle moves and red one is sensitive to light BUT the readings are way off. For example: in bright daylight, both needles align when Shutter Speed is B and Aperture is 3.5

Below picture shows how the meter setup looks now.

Can anyone with experience in repair please help me out?

Ajishc
Tinkerer

Post Number: 2

Posted on Monday, August 04, 2008 - 03:46 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Anybody?

Rick_oleson
Tinkerer
Username: Rick_oleson

Post Number: 637

Posted on Monday, August 04, 2008 - 08:12 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Perhaps you have the gear around the bottom of the meter movement engaged with the wrong tooth of the gear sector to its right which connects to (I think) the aperture selector. When held by only one screw, does the meter stay in position well enough to keep these teeth from slipping out of mesh?

Ajishc
Tinkerer

Post Number: 3

Posted on Monday, August 04, 2008 - 11:10 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Thanks Rick for responding back,

The meter seems to so far hold still with one screw.

Your explanantion makes sense to me but how do I set this right?

Do you know of any repair manuals for 124 g

Ajish

Rick_oleson
Tinkerer
Username: Rick_oleson

Post Number: 639

Posted on Tuesday, August 05, 2008 - 04:52 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

try this
Here's a rough sketch of the meter mounting arrangement (still with 2 screws) - you should be able to loosen it, pull the gears out of mesh and re-mesh them in another position until you're in the ballpark.

Ajishc
Tinkerer

Post Number: 4

Posted on Tuesday, August 05, 2008 - 09:03 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Thanks A TON Rick, Your help is VERY MUCH APPRECIATED. :-)

I will try this in next few days and let you know how it goes.

Ajish

Add Your Message Here
Bold text Italics Underline Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image

Username: Posting Information:
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Password:
Options: Enable HTML code in message
Automatically activate URLs in message
Action:

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions | Program Credits Administration