Who are we?  Featured Cameras  Articles  Instruction Manuals  Repair Manuals  The Classic Camera Repair Forum  Books  View/Sign Guestbook

Release button jammed on Zeiss Ikon N... Log in | Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Classic Camera Repair » Archives-2008 » Release button jammed on Zeiss Ikon Nettar « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Jonte
Tinkerer
Username: Jonte

Post Number: 1

Rating: N/A
Votes: 0 (Vote!)

Posted on Wednesday, August 06, 2008 - 02:25 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

My grandfather passed away last winter and when going through his old stuff I found a Zeiss Ikon Nettar 517. It seems to be in a great condition.

I straight downloaded an old manual, read it through and started testing it (without film in it) to see how the lens worked.

The same day as I was gonna load my first film in it, I wanted to try the different stops again to improve my feeling of the camera. And all of a sudden the release knob jammed. I can move it about 1mm, no more.

I've been trying to figure out what jammed it and where but I can't really see where the problem is. I can release the shutter manually by pressing on the spring close to the lens. The problem seems to be somewhere along the "rod" that goes "inside" the camera.

Anyone had this problem before?

Glenn
Tinkerer
Username: Glenn

Post Number: 392

Posted on Wednesday, August 06, 2008 - 12:12 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

There is a shutter interlock to prevent double exposures. According to the manual, there is a 'moving disc' that signals the film is wound on - I have no idea where this disc is situated, near the wind on knob or at least on the top plate I would think.

Try rotating the wind on knob and see if the button frees up. Perhaps the interlock needs resetting - does the wind on knob pull out or perhaps you have to open the camera back? Sorry I cannot offer any other ideas or help.

Jonte
Tinkerer
Username: Jonte

Post Number: 2

Posted on Thursday, August 07, 2008 - 10:27 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Damn, it was that easy. I kept on winding and winding and then it started working again :-)

Now to load film and try it out!

Thanks a lot!!!!! Really appreciate it!

Add Your Message Here
Bold text Italics Underline Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image

Username: Posting Information:
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Password:
Options: Enable HTML code in message
Automatically activate URLs in message
Action:

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions | Program Credits Administration