Who are we?  Featured Cameras  Articles  Instruction Manuals  Repair Manuals  The Classic Camera Repair Forum  Books  View/Sign Guestbook

Yashica electro 35 lightmeter Log in | Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Classic Camera Repair » Archives-2008 » Yashica electro 35 lightmeter « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Mr_m
Tinkerer
Username: Mr_m

Post Number: 1

Rating: N/A
Votes: 0 (Vote!)

Posted on Thursday, August 14, 2008 - 05:35 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Hello, New guy here, hoping for a bit of help.

I have a Yashica electro 35, with a light meter problem. The "pad of Death" is fine , as I have had the top of to verify this,it also has a good "clunk" when winding the film. Itīs got a yashica guy adaptor with fresh battery installed, and the battery test light/button works fine. However the light meter is none responsive (no lights) and it defaults to the standard shutter speed. When I initally installed the battery - the light meter lights on top flickered for the first couple of shots, then died completely.

Any ideas?

Thanks in advance.

Mr_m

Charlie
Tinkerer
Username: Charlie

Post Number: 170

Posted on Thursday, August 14, 2008 - 07:58 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Check the wiring from the battery compartment to the check switch pad - remove the check switch and check for continuity from the battery compartment terminal to the other end on the switch pad (also look for corrosion at either end). Mine was shot but jumped back to life when I snipped off that wire and bypassed it with a new wire.

Mr_m
Tinkerer
Username: Mr_m

Post Number: 2

Posted on Thursday, August 14, 2008 - 10:39 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Thanks Charlie,

I'll get the screw drivers out!

Add Your Message Here
Bold text Italics Underline Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image

Username: Posting Information:
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Password:
Options: Enable HTML code in message
Automatically activate URLs in message
Action:

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions | Program Credits Administration