Who are we?  Featured Cameras  Articles  Instruction Manuals  Repair Manuals  The Classic Camera Repair Forum  Books  View/Sign Guestbook

Help with a Minolta lens Log in | Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Classic Camera Repair » Archives-2008 » Help with a Minolta lens « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Skymon
Tinkerer
Username: Skymon

Post Number: 1

Rating: N/A
Votes: 0 (Vote!)

Posted on Thursday, August 14, 2008 - 03:06 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Hello all,

I recently purchased this wide-angle lens for my Minolta X-370. It worked fine for a while, but then began catching a bit when I focused it. Now it doesn't focus at all and seems to be...unscrewing out of itself? I have no background on repair at all, so I don't know if this is a common thing, but if you guys have any idea where to start that'd be great. Thanks!

See what I mean by it's screwing out of itself?

Here's a not-so-great photo of the inside.
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Mndean
Tinkerer
Username: Mndean

Post Number: 69

Rating: N/A
Votes: 0 (Vote!)

Posted on Thursday, August 14, 2008 - 09:19 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Is this a Minolta-brand lens, or by a different maker? The AUTO on the front makes me fairly certain it's not a Minolta-made lens. Also, you need to specify what focal length and aperture the lens is along with the brand. Someone here might be able to help you with that information.

Add Your Message Here
Bold text Italics Underline Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image

Username: Posting Information:
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Password:
Options: Enable HTML code in message
Automatically activate URLs in message
Action:

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions | Program Credits Administration