Who are we?  Featured Cameras  Articles  Instruction Manuals  Repair Manuals  The Classic Camera Repair Forum  Books  View/Sign Guestbook

Argus C-Four focus Log in | Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Classic Camera Repair » Archives-2008 » Argus C-Four focus « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Jerk151
Tinkerer
Username: Jerk151

Post Number: 3

Rating: N/A
Votes: 0 (Vote!)

Posted on Friday, August 15, 2008 - 02:31 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Hello,

I purchased this camera as a parts camera to practice on, but it seems to work just fine. I think the seller didn't pay enough attention to see how it winds up. although, the focusing has an issue (or so I think, I haven't shot a roll yet). When looking through the view finder, you have a split image and you focus until the two images line up, right? Well, it works side to side, but as they line up, they are still stacked. The straight through view is on top of the view from the focus ring. I haven't worked on a rangefinder before, so I am assuming there is a mirror inside that allows you to see through the focus ring and I think maybe that is out of place.

Enlighten if you will please,
Thank You
Jody
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Rick_oleson
Tinkerer
Username: Rick_oleson

Post Number: 651

Rating: N/A
Votes: 0 (Vote!)

Posted on Friday, August 15, 2008 - 06:49 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

this will get you started in the general direction: http://rick_oleson.tripod.com/index-127.html

Add Your Message Here
Bold text Italics Underline Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image

Username: Posting Information:
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Password:
Options: Enable HTML code in message
Automatically activate URLs in message
Action:

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions | Program Credits Administration