Who are we?  Featured Cameras  Articles  Instruction Manuals  Repair Manuals  The Classic Camera Repair Forum  Books  View/Sign Guestbook

Hi-Matic F - removing the top cover Log in | Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Classic Camera Repair » Archives-2008 » Hi-Matic F - removing the top cover « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Dirbel
Tinkerer
Username: Dirbel

Post Number: 3

Rating: N/A
Votes: 0 (Vote!)

Posted on Monday, August 18, 2008 - 03:08 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

The rangefinder of my Hi-Matic F needs adjustment. But - how do I remove the top cover of the camera?
After removing the wind lever, rewind crank and three screws, the cover still seems to be held somewhere.
What am I missing?

Thanks in advance,

Dirk

Reiner
Tinkerer
Username: Reiner

Post Number: 74

Posted on Thursday, August 21, 2008 - 02:06 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

I remember that I once had the same problem. The hot shoe is covered by a small metal cover. It can be loosed and slided backwards with a needle or a fine watchmakers screwdriver. Under the cover you should find 4 screws which still hold the camera's top cap.

Good luck

Dirbel
Tinkerer

Post Number: 4

Posted on Thursday, August 21, 2008 - 02:25 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Thanks,

I unscrewed the hot shoe and it looks like the adjustment screws for the rangefinder are just below.

I'll have a closer look tomorrow.

Eugen__mezei
Tinkerer
Username: Eugen__mezei

Post Number: 2

Posted on Friday, August 29, 2008 - 11:40 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

How do you calibrate the rangefinder on this camera? I mean, you can't easily compare to the image projected onto the film plane.
So where you know when the finder is calibratetd?

Eugen

Dirbel
Tinkerer

Post Number: 5

Posted on Friday, August 29, 2008 - 04:15 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

I checked infinity focus of the lens with the method described here: http://rick_oleson.tripod.com/index-123.html - actually the other way round, with a known good SLR as a reference.
Cover the light meter cell with masking tape to get a long exposure time on the hi-matic.
Once you have verified infinity focus, you can adjust the rangefinder.

Dirk

Add Your Message Here
Bold text Italics Underline Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image

Username: Posting Information:
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Password:
Options: Enable HTML code in message
Automatically activate URLs in message
Action:

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions | Program Credits Administration