Who are we?  Featured Cameras  Articles  Instruction Manuals  Repair Manuals  The Classic Camera Repair Forum  Books  View/Sign Guestbook

Nikon E series f4/70-210mm & f2.8/28m... Log in | Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Classic Camera Repair » Archives-2008 » Nikon E series f4/70-210mm & f2.8/28mm « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Jesse
Tinkerer
Username: Jesse

Post Number: 24

Rating: N/A
Votes: 0 (Vote!)

Posted on Tuesday, August 19, 2008 - 11:17 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

i have a nikon e series f4/70-210mm in great condition except for a fungus bloom on second element from front. Can anyone tell me how to remove the front element? Also e-series 2.8/28mm with loose front element and some debris. The front plate seems to be too tight to turn, is there any way around this. Would be most grateful for any help...

Rick_oleson
Tinkerer
Username: Rick_oleson

Post Number: 658

Posted on Thursday, August 21, 2008 - 04:41 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

The only Series E lens that I have notes on is the 50/1.8, I assume the 28 would be similar. In the 50, the ID ring unscrews out of the filter ring; under that there are 3 screws holding the front barrel piece on, and under that the front element is also set in a panel held by 3 screws.

Jesse
Tinkerer
Username: Jesse

Post Number: 25

Posted on Thursday, August 21, 2008 - 07:01 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Hi Rick
Thanks for your reply. The front element is loose and I can't move the ID ring which is possibly cross-threaded. Will try again. The 70-210 has a tiny hole on the barrel near the front. I can't quite see if there's a screw inside. There is no ID ring to remove around the front element. Both lenses are like new cosmetically so it would be a pity to bin them. Thanks again!

Nickon51
Tinkerer
Username: Nickon51

Post Number: 15

Posted on Friday, August 22, 2008 - 05:00 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Hi Jesse,
Armed with the F4/75-150 E manual and the F4/70-210 E Lens, I found that the lockscrew for the front element group is in that tiny hole near the front. After that is removed, the front lens assy will unscrew. I didn't need any sort of friction tool. I have photos but I don't think you will need them.
Good Luck
Greg

Add Your Message Here
Bold text Italics Underline Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image

Username: Posting Information:
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Password:
Options: Enable HTML code in message
Automatically activate URLs in message
Action:

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions | Program Credits Administration