Who are we?  Featured Cameras  Articles  Instruction Manuals  Repair Manuals  The Classic Camera Repair Forum  Books  View/Sign Guestbook

Information sought regarding Rolleico... Log in | Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Classic Camera Repair » Archives-2008 » Information sought regarding Rolleicord.. « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Peterclarke
Tinkerer
Username: Peterclarke

Post Number: 27

Rating: N/A
Votes: 0 (Vote!)

Posted on Friday, August 29, 2008 - 10:08 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

I have recently acquired a Rolleicord which I believe to be a Model 2, Type 1,(it has a Triotar f/3.5 taking lens and no bayonet fitting round it). There doesn`t seem to be a shutter button but the shutter works with a cable release. Is there a way of releasing it without the cable? I can`t find a serial number anywhere on the body, is it the number on the Triotar, 1805630? And lastly there is a sliding button between the focussing and the winding knobs, what is this for? Any information will be gratefully received. Peter.

Glenn
Tinkerer
Username: Glenn

Post Number: 411

Posted on Monday, September 01, 2008 - 03:27 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

I am sure you have found what I have on the net - the lens number is the camera number on this model. As for shutter release - I have found nothing. Not saying it is not there, did not search long. I have no knowledge of these early Rollei cameras, and the illustrations on the net show nothing - just a long lever at 6 o'clock on the shutter/taking lens. I guess this is nothing to do with the release. Only other thought; is the sliding button the release, but broken/disconnected?

I would have thought that one of the Rollei experts, would have answered this immediately. That is why I did not jump in immediately with my bit of 'not really useful' info.

Dgillette4
Tinkerer
Username: Dgillette4

Post Number: 241

Posted on Monday, September 01, 2008 - 04:17 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

The early Rolliecords used the same lever to tension and then move it to the opposite direction to release shutter.

Brianshaw
Tinkerer
Username: Brianshaw

Post Number: 37

Posted on Friday, September 05, 2008 - 12:33 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Even the most recent Rolleicord, Vb, worked that way.

Peterclarke
Tinkerer
Username: Peterclarke

Post Number: 28

Posted on Friday, November 07, 2008 - 05:37 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Thank you to those of you who have replied and my apologies for taking so long to post this message. I have had internet connection problems and have had to restrict the brief time per day that I have been able to get on a computer to more pressing things.
The information has been very helpful. Thanks again.

Add Your Message Here
Bold text Italics Underline Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image

Username: Posting Information:
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Password:
Options: Enable HTML code in message
Automatically activate URLs in message
Action:

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions | Program Credits Administration