Who are we?  Featured Cameras  Articles  Instruction Manuals  Repair Manuals  The Classic Camera Repair Forum  Books  View/Sign Guestbook

Minolta XG-1 shutter pin issues Log in | Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Classic Camera Repair » Archives-2008 » Minolta XG-1 shutter pin issues « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Itsreallydarren
Tinkerer
Username: Itsreallydarren

Post Number: 4

Rating: N/A
Votes: 0 (Vote!)

Posted on Saturday, August 30, 2008 - 03:42 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Ive recently come across an XG-1 in great condition. After I put fresh batteries in the led lights in the viewfinder light up but the shutter wouldnt fire.

After I opened up the bottom plate and I tripped what I believe is the shutter lever. Afterwards I have been able to wind the camera and set the correct sounding shutter speeds. After looking around Im guessing the shutter pin or magnets need some attention.

I dont know yet how to remove the plastic grip covering the side of the camera containing the shutter button, nor do I know how to remove the shutter assembly.

Anybody have any suggestions or diagrams on how to address this issue?

Scanogram
Tinkerer
Username: Scanogram

Post Number: 16

Posted on Sunday, August 31, 2008 - 04:21 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Darren,
There is a release magnet behind the front plate but it is difficult to get to. Also could be capacitor C6 or C5. I know this doesn't mean much without a diagram. I have a nicely illustrated service manual in PDF form I can send you. It's 33mb, so I can try to email it or send you a CD if necessary. Send me a PM if you want it.
Gary

Itsreallydarren
Tinkerer
Username: Itsreallydarren

Post Number: 5

Posted on Monday, September 01, 2008 - 01:44 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

If the capacitors did go out, where on the camera would I find them? Also are the replacements common to find or would I need to special order them?

Add Your Message Here
Bold text Italics Underline Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image

Username: Posting Information:
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Password:
Options: Enable HTML code in message
Automatically activate URLs in message
Action:

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions | Program Credits Administration