Who are we?  Featured Cameras  Articles  Instruction Manuals  Repair Manuals  The Classic Camera Repair Forum  Books  View/Sign Guestbook

Pentax Super Program wind lever problem Log in | Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Classic Camera Repair » Archives-2008 » Pentax Super Program wind lever problem « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Justolepops
Tinkerer
Username: Justolepops

Post Number: 1

Rating: N/A
Votes: 0 (Vote!)

Posted on Tuesday, September 02, 2008 - 07:37 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

The wind lever is not turning the take up spool when I move it on my Pentax Super Program. After finishing a roll of film, and inserting a new roll, I noticed the rewind pin stuck in the up position and the wind lever not moving the film. I tried to get the lever to come down but couldn't. I then put my auto advance on the camera and the shutter release worked, where the camera release wouldn't. I was able to begin taking pictures this way. Any help on this will be greatly appreciated.
Sam

Rick_oleson
Tinkerer
Username: Rick_oleson

Post Number: 671

Posted on Wednesday, September 03, 2008 - 04:30 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

This is not specific to the Super Program, I don't have one to look at, but the button in the bottom is held in the "up" position by a little spring-loaded catch inside the baseplate. The catch is retracted by the wind lever when you advance the film, and the button is supposed to snap back down by a light spring. You might check to see if the catch or the button might be sticky and not moving freely.

rick

Justolepops
Tinkerer

Post Number: 2

Posted on Wednesday, September 03, 2008 - 02:40 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Thanks Rick:
When I take up the roll of film and remove the winder, I'll ck it . Would a drop of oil maybe help in un-sticking it?
Thanks again: Sam

Justolepops
Tinkerer

Post Number: 3

Posted on Wednesday, September 03, 2008 - 02:49 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Rick:
One other thing I just thought of. When I moved the lever to see if maybe there was one last picture to be taken, the lever stopped half way thru the cycle. I removed the film and returned the lever to the closed position rather than completing the lever cycle. Do you reckon this had anything to do with the pin not dropping?
Sam

Rick_oleson
Tinkerer
Username: Rick_oleson

Post Number: 672

Posted on Wednesday, September 03, 2008 - 07:06 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

The lever stopped, of course, because you had reached the end of the roll of film and it couldn't wind any farther.... once you had removed the film, the button should pop out the next time you wind the lever through a full winding stroke.

If you find things are sticky, a drop of cigarette lighter fluid would probably be better than a drop of oil.

Justolepops
Tinkerer

Post Number: 4

Posted on Monday, September 08, 2008 - 07:31 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

The problem has corrected itself. The rewind pin has dropped back down and the film lever is working properly.
Rick, thanks for your help.
Sam

Add Your Message Here
Bold text Italics Underline Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image

Username: Posting Information:
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Password:
Options: Enable HTML code in message
Automatically activate URLs in message
Action:

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions | Program Credits Administration