Who are we?  Featured Cameras  Articles  Instruction Manuals  Repair Manuals  The Classic Camera Repair Forum  Books  View/Sign Guestbook

Olympus 35 Trip Lens Stain Log in | Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Classic Camera Repair » Archives-2008 » Olympus 35 Trip Lens Stain « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

William_a
Tinkerer
Username: William_a

Post Number: 1

Rating: N/A
Votes: 0 (Vote!)

Posted on Monday, September 08, 2008 - 10:52 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Hello, I took apart an Olympus Trip to clean the aperture blades. There was quite a bit of grease on the focus, aperture, and film speed rings. I cleaned off the rear lens assembly with a lens paper dampened with lens cleaner fluid. After I cleaned it, I noticed that about one-third of the lens seems to be stained, and is giving off a rainbow color effect. I tried to clean it again several times with the lens paper and with a soft cloth, both dampened with lens cleaner solution, but the stain remains. I wonder if the stain is caused by lens cleaner solution that somehow got in between the two lenses in the lens assembly? Or could it be caused by the grease, and the lens cleaning fluid will not clean it off? Is there a stronger alternative for cleaning the lens that I should try? I saw Windex mentioned on another site but I am reluctant to use that-won't it leave residue?). Is there a way to separate the lenses if there is indeed a stain between them? Thanks in advance for your help!

Add Your Message Here
Bold text Italics Underline Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image

Username: Posting Information:
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Password:
Options: Enable HTML code in message
Automatically activate URLs in message
Action:

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions | Program Credits Administration