Who are we?  Featured Cameras  Articles  Instruction Manuals  Repair Manuals  The Classic Camera Repair Forum  Books  View/Sign Guestbook

Need help for my Kuribayashi Petri co... Log in | Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Classic Camera Repair » Archives-2008 » Need help for my Kuribayashi Petri color corrected super « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Eusaebius
Tinkerer
Username: Eusaebius

Post Number: 1

Rating: N/A
Votes: 0 (Vote!)

Posted on Wednesday, September 10, 2008 - 08:55 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Hello !
It's my first post here. I'm sorry for my bed english....
I have purchased this camera and I have two problems:
The focus lens ring is very difficult to turn, and it seems to have some kind of little drops ( condensation ? water or something else ?), in the middle of the lens, between the glass lenses.
I don't know how to proceed. Should I remove all the lens out ? How ?
It's a very nice camera, everything seems ok but these 2 problems...
Thanks !

Mikel
Tinkerer
Username: Mikel

Post Number: 104

Posted on Thursday, September 11, 2008 - 03:55 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

I assume that we are working with the 45mm 2.8 lens here and a carperu shutter.

These lenses, which are otherwise excellent, seem to have a tendency to fog up on the front surface of the rear lens pair.

I know that I posted a (now infamous) last resort method for disassembling the optics and cleaning the lens.

Do an archive search and I'm sure that you will find it.

Mike

Eusaebius
Tinkerer
Username: Eusaebius

Post Number: 2

Posted on Monday, September 15, 2008 - 02:08 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Hello Mike,
it's the Orikkor 2.8, f4.5. Thank you for your answer. I've searched for your post about disassembling the optics... but I've not found it. Maybe I'm a dummy ! :-)
Do you think I have to pull off the leatherette ?

Mikel
Tinkerer
Username: Mikel

Post Number: 105

Posted on Monday, September 15, 2008 - 07:10 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

It must have been pre-2004. I can't find it either.

We had a good long discussion about this.

First you need to localize the problem. The front lens group can simply be unscrewed. If it is clear, your problem is in the rear pair. Check this out first and see if the little drops are on the front of the rear pair. And don't remove any leatherette just yet!

Mike

Add Your Message Here
Bold text Italics Underline Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image

Username: Posting Information:
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Password:
Options: Enable HTML code in message
Automatically activate URLs in message
Action:

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions | Program Credits Administration