Who are we?  Featured Cameras  Articles  Instruction Manuals  Repair Manuals  The Classic Camera Repair Forum  Books  View/Sign Guestbook

Kodak pocket 3 Log in | Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Classic Camera Repair » Archives-2008 » Kodak pocket 3 « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Delphine
Tinkerer
Username: Delphine

Post Number: 1

Rating: N/A
Votes: 0 (Vote!)

Posted on Monday, September 15, 2008 - 03:21 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Hello,

I have 2 vintage Kodak pocket 3 and I need your input on the following questions that I have:

- where could I get the shutter of the camera tested in London? the camera is in working condition.I respooled some film which I ran in it, and did not manage to rough guestimate the shutter speed this way.

- I would like to mount the red bellows of one of the kodak pocket onto the wooden box of the other kodak pocket to get the best out of both cameras.
I am not managing to see how the bellow is fixed to the wooden box. It looks like there are some metal tongues bent to hold the bellows tight.
Can anybody advise whether there would be any ways at all to do this switch.

- Finally, can anybody recommend of a vintage repair place in London, or nearby who I could turn to if required.

I am madly in love with the camera ...I would like very much to turn it into a beautiful object, and be able, once in a while, to use it just for the pleasure of using it.

Thank you for helping me with my quest,

Delphine

John_shriver
Tinkerer
Username: John_shriver

Post Number: 37

Posted on Sunday, September 28, 2008 - 08:37 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

The tabs are indeed what holds the bellows on. Bend them so that they point straight forwards towards the front of the camera, and you should be able to remove the bellows. They are much easier to bend cleanly if you remove the dead bellows -- but you can't do that on your "donor" camera.

The correct film for No. 3 Folding Pocket Kodaks is long unavailable. At least the 122 film for the 3A cameras was available until 1972, and can be found (with patience) on eBay.

Delphine
Tinkerer
Username: Delphine

Post Number: 2

Posted on Monday, October 06, 2008 - 02:01 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Thank you John for your input.
I will make an attempt at bending the tabs as you recommended.

As for running film in the camera. I sorted out this slight detail very early on. I can respool some 120 film onto the original spools and expose all width of the 120 film including the sprockets. Also, I found some sheet film, of the very format of the Kodak 3, (9x12cm) Efke.

Thank you for your advise.

Regards

Delphine

Add Your Message Here
Bold text Italics Underline Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image

Username: Posting Information:
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Password:
Options: Enable HTML code in message
Automatically activate URLs in message
Action:

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions | Program Credits Administration