Who are we?  Featured Cameras  Articles  Instruction Manuals  Repair Manuals  The Classic Camera Repair Forum  Books  View/Sign Guestbook

Enabling my olympus trip 35 light met... Log in | Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Classic Camera Repair » Archives-2008 » Enabling my olympus trip 35 light meter to pick 1/40 or 1/200 in manual mode. « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Chuck_a
Tinkerer
Username: Chuck_a

Post Number: 4

Rating: N/A
Votes: 0 (Vote!)

Posted on Sunday, October 12, 2008 - 12:06 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

I recently modified my Trip35 to full automatic in both A and manual mode.
1.remove top and bottom plates
2.peel back leather and remove face plate under viewfinder
3.set camera @ A and cover lens, depress shutter button,raise the red flag,observe the foot or stopper on the lower portion of the red flag fixture,carefully bend it down to allow it to move freely out and back under the aperture ring set at 2.8(manual mode),normally the foot or stopper would catch on the inside of the aperture ring at 2.8 not allowing the red flag to rise and not allowing the meter needle to trap at 1/125 speed.
4.point lens at a light source to move the meter needle out from under the viewfinder,now place a thin strip of tape along the side of the viewfinder,this will de activate the red flag warning in both modes allowing for low light wide open shots at 1/30 speed.
5.if you have a dead meter, remove meter faceplate and check for debris obstructing needle movement, if not, carefully align the needle so it traps at 1/125(one speed only) and place a thin strip of tape on the meter faceplate along the right side of the needle to hold it in place.
6.now check all f stops and speed changes in manual mode and A mode
7.now you have 1/125 and 1/30 in both modes, and your choice of f4-22, or leave it on 2.8 or A
8.mod images posted on flickr,Trip 35 group.

Add Your Message Here
Bold text Italics Underline Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image

Username: Posting Information:
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Password:
Options: Enable HTML code in message
Automatically activate URLs in message
Action:

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions | Program Credits Administration