Who are we?  Featured Cameras  Articles  Instruction Manuals  Repair Manuals  The Classic Camera Repair Forum  Books  View/Sign Guestbook

Summicron 50mm M Mount Reassembly Log in | Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Classic Camera Repair » Archives-2008 » Summicron 50mm M Mount Reassembly « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

_nathan
Tinkerer
Username: _nathan

Post Number: 19

Rating: N/A
Votes: 0 (Vote!)

Posted on Sunday, October 12, 2008 - 02:33 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

So, there was some internal fungus in my Summicron 50mm M Mount lens so I removed the front set of elements which exposed the aperture blades and I left the aperture ring screwed onto the stem of the lens. When I attempt to screw in the front elements the dot that is supposed to align with the current aperture selection will not do so. I have tried screwing the front elements in starting at various points on 'the clock' (if you will), but to no avail. I would just like to to align the dot with aperture ring. I'd hate to have to pay some just to screw the front element back into place. Any help would be great!
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

_nathan
Tinkerer
Username: _nathan

Post Number: 20

Rating: N/A
Votes: 0 (Vote!)

Posted on Sunday, October 12, 2008 - 02:39 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Nevermind. I was just able to figure it out - I guess I should have thought about it longer.

Best,

N.

Add Your Message Here
Bold text Italics Underline Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image

Username: Posting Information:
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Password:
Options: Enable HTML code in message
Automatically activate URLs in message
Action:

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions | Program Credits Administration