Who are we?  Featured Cameras  Articles  Instruction Manuals  Repair Manuals  The Classic Camera Repair Forum  Books  View/Sign Guestbook

Removing top cover of a Fujica ST-801 Log in | Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Classic Camera Repair » Archives-2008 » Removing top cover of a Fujica ST-801 « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Mikey99
Tinkerer
Username: Mikey99

Post Number: 3

Rating: N/A
Votes: 0 (Vote!)

Posted on Thursday, October 16, 2008 - 03:19 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

First, Does anyone have a link to a service manual for this camera ?

I'm trying to remove the top cover from an ST801. Fortunately the screws came right out, but the film rewind lever is really stuck. I used an old film spool with a small hole drilled through it to hold the inner part of the shaft, but just cant seem to budge that. I assume its normal threaded ? not reverse. Any hints or tips would be appreciated.

Rick_oleson
Tinkerer
Username: Rick_oleson

Post Number: 702

Posted on Thursday, October 16, 2008 - 05:56 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

I don't have any notes on the Fuji. Usually, the rewind knob is a regular RH thread... I block the fork with a screwdriver blade and flip out the crank and unscrew the knob with that. Check first though to make sure there aren't any set screws inside the knob.

Mikey99
Tinkerer

Post Number: 5

Posted on Monday, October 20, 2008 - 06:59 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

I've removed several Olympus OM top covers, and never had any problems getting the rewind lever
loose. This Fujica is giving me a fit.

Looking at this rewind lever, I'm not convinced its screwed on. It looks like the round knob might be press fit onto the shaft because I can see what appears to be the end of the shaft protruding from the top center of the rewind knob. I have everything loose except for this lever.

Mikey99
Tinkerer

Post Number: 6

Posted on Thursday, October 23, 2008 - 03:20 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

I was finally able to get the top cover off thanks to info sent from another forum member. The rewind knob was extremely tight, used several applications of wd-40, and then a soldering iron to heat the screw, and it came right off :-)

Add Your Message Here
Bold text Italics Underline Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image

Username: Posting Information:
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Password:
Options: Enable HTML code in message
Automatically activate URLs in message
Action:

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions | Program Credits Administration