Who are we?  Featured Cameras  Articles  Instruction Manuals  Repair Manuals  The Classic Camera Repair Forum  Books  View/Sign Guestbook

Canon A1 will not wind Log in | Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Classic Camera Repair » Archives-2008 » Canon A1 will not wind « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Zell
Tinkerer
Username: Zell

Post Number: 2

Rating: N/A
Votes: 0 (Vote!)

Posted on Sunday, October 26, 2008 - 08:47 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

I am having some serious problems with my A1. I cannot take any pictures with it anymore. When I take a picture and wind to the next, the winder gets stuck. I have no idea what it gets stuck on, but I practically have to force it to get to the next frame. I've stopped this after the first couple of times it did it as I imagine this is very bad for the camera. Also, the unwind mechanism will not work. Hitting the button and attempting to unwind it will not do anything. I cannot pinpoint why it is doing this. Nothing appears to be stuck in it.

Sometimes pictures will not take and I will need to hit the button a bunch of times until it will. The exposure display will dim and go entirely dark and it will make a very strange noise that I can hear inside the case. Sometimes the display will say something like BULB or some other random thing when I try to shoot. After I press the button a bunch of times, it will go.

What do you think is wrong? Is there any way to get this repaired? Is it at the end of its life? I'd hope not, because it's a great, great camera and I'd hate to see it go.

Add Your Message Here
Bold text Italics Underline Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image

Username: Posting Information:
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Password:
Options: Enable HTML code in message
Automatically activate URLs in message
Action:

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions | Program Credits Administration