Who are we?  Featured Cameras  Articles  Instruction Manuals  Repair Manuals  The Classic Camera Repair Forum  Books  View/Sign Guestbook

Ikonta 35(Contina I) Log in | Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Classic Camera Repair » Archives-2008 » Ikonta 35(Contina I) « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Charlie
Tinkerer
Username: Charlie

Post Number: 182

Rating: N/A
Votes: 0 (Vote!)

Posted on Thursday, October 30, 2008 - 09:17 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

A recently purchased Contina I arrived (as advertised) with the fold down bed blocked betwen open and closed. The lens is an Opton-Tessar and the shutter a Synchro-Compur. My guess is that the shutter is cocked and it won't release and the bed won't fully close with the lever in this position. The cocking lever is fully clockwise (near the "22" on the DOF scale. I also think the rotating shutter release plate is not engaged with the shutter release tab, a small radial tab protruding from the shutter near the "r" in Synchro. I haven't been able to move this tab although I've been rotating the two sprockets at the bottom of the film gate and turning the winding knob. I have also unable to find a service manual that would seem to apply to this shutter. I would be grateful if anyone could confirm my guesses (that the shutter is cocked and the release plate should engage the tab) and offer any suggestions.

Scott
Tinkerer
Username: Scott

Post Number: 24

Posted on Thursday, October 30, 2008 - 06:49 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

I don't have a Contina, although I do have a few other German folding 35mm cameras.

If the shutter won't realease, maybe it is not fully cocked. Is the shutter cocked with a lever on the shutter body? Is there a cocking lever, or radial ring that you can push to cock the shutter?

There probably is also a double exposure prevention mechanism that "locks" the shutter release until the sprocket axel is rolled by the advancing film.

Can you open the back and simply unscrew the ring nut holding the shutter on the camera? If you can get the shutter-lens assembly off the body, then it might be easier to isolate the problem.

Reborn7
Tinkerer
Username: Reborn7

Post Number: 19

Posted on Friday, October 31, 2008 - 06:46 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

maybe this link can help ?

https://kyp.hauslendale.com/classics/forum/messages/2/11131.html?1199465635

Add Your Message Here
Bold text Italics Underline Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image

Username: Posting Information:
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Password:
Options: Enable HTML code in message
Automatically activate URLs in message
Action:

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions | Program Credits Administration