Who are we?  Featured Cameras  Articles  Instruction Manuals  Repair Manuals  The Classic Camera Repair Forum  Books  View/Sign Guestbook

Polaroid 110A convert or leave alone. Log in | Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Classic Camera Repair » Archives-2008 » Polaroid 110A convert or leave alone. « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Shutterbug2
Tinkerer
Username: Shutterbug2

Post Number: 41

Rating: N/A
Votes: 0 (Vote!)

Posted on Thursday, October 30, 2008 - 06:30 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

after 10 yrs. opening up alot of polaroid cameras. i finally snaged one with decent lens it,s pathfinder land camera 110A with prontor svs shutter with rodensock-ysarex 1:4.7 lens. on internet people have converted the 110A to use newer roll film than the original.with lot of work and what i,ve read you have to change out bellows also. this is definitely professional polaroid camera. their was camera shop estimate receipt in camera case that part of it was to convert 110A to equal 110B to take 3000 speed film any plus there. i have 2 unopened film rolls. any change i,ll get anything out of them. i have nothing to loose i guess. any one on forum personnel converted polaroid 110A to use newer film. or .should i leave it as it is all original i also got all camera accessories in case James
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Dgillette4
Tinkerer
Username: Dgillette4

Post Number: 248

Rating: N/A
Votes: 0 (Vote!)

Posted on Thursday, October 30, 2008 - 07:29 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

You might even consider converting it to 4x5 sheet and crop or 2 1/4 x 4 1/4 with cut film to see if you want to convert to roll film. Roll film is a bigger job unless you decide to purchase a film back. the ysarex is a good lense. Just for the heck of it I would load the old film and try it. It is in a sealed packaging. Make sure the rollers are clean first. Boy did this bring back memories of 47 and 48 films...he he Don

Add Your Message Here
Bold text Italics Underline Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image

Username: Posting Information:
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Password:
Options: Enable HTML code in message
Automatically activate URLs in message
Action:

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions | Program Credits Administration