Who are we?  Featured Cameras  Articles  Instruction Manuals  Repair Manuals  The Classic Camera Repair Forum  Books  View/Sign Guestbook

Compur rapid diaphragm Log in | Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Classic Camera Repair » Archives-2008 » Compur rapid diaphragm « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Sausage100uk
Tinkerer
Username: Sausage100uk

Post Number: 2

Rating: N/A
Votes: 0 (Vote!)

Posted on Friday, October 31, 2008 - 07:51 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

I managed to pick up an isolette I with Solinar lens and compur rapid shutter for £4, the diaphragm wasnt opening fully so I have stripped it down and found that one of the blades only has one little pin in it, there is a hole at the other end but no pin. Is this normal or will I need to scavenge another shutter blade from somewhere?

It would be a shame to not ba able to use this classic lens....(i suppose I could put it onto my isolette 3)

Dave

Nickon51
Tinkerer
Username: Nickon51

Post Number: 37

Posted on Friday, October 31, 2008 - 11:32 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

G'day Dave
Are you looking at the shutter blades or the aperture blades and how many blades do you have?
Cheers
Greg

Sausage100uk
Tinkerer

Post Number: 3

Posted on Saturday, November 01, 2008 - 12:52 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Greg,
Its appeture blades and I have 10, nine have little (?)brass lugs/pins at both ends, one has a lug/pin at one end only and a hole at the other. After a closer examination there are 10 slots in the body of the shutter and 10 holes for pins in the plate that holds the appeture in place so I am assuming that there is a lug/pin missing. If this is so then the shutter is junk. do you know if other agfa diaphragm blades will fit? i only bought the camera as it had the famed Solinar lens and would be a shame for it to go to waste...

Dave

Sevo
Tinkerer
Username: Sevo

Post Number: 11

Posted on Saturday, November 01, 2008 - 07:18 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

From memory, I'd expect it to have a pin each, so there'd be one missing - but I don't have a Compur open right now.

Other Compur blades for the same aperture diameter should fit - but it would be easier to remount the lens in another shutter than locate a suitable Compur. All Isolette shutters and lenses are interchangeable.

You can't put the lens on your Isolette III unless you have a (rare) 85mm Solinar - most are 75mm.

If you want to make a Solinar Isolette III out your I+III, it would be much easier to transplant the top plate, finder and shutter to the Isolette I (where you'd only have to replace two uncritical rivets that merely hold the top plate assembly in place) than to transplate the entire fold-out part to the Isolette III (where you'd have to reengineer the entire focus-critical riveting of the flap and lens guides).

Sausage100uk
Tinkerer

Post Number: 4

Posted on Saturday, November 01, 2008 - 10:12 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Ok, I have a spare Isolette I with the vario/agnar combo, i'll have a look at doing a swap :-)

Nickon51
Tinkerer
Username: Nickon51

Post Number: 38

Posted on Saturday, November 01, 2008 - 06:24 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

G'Day Dave
I think you and Sevo are correct. I have seen some cases where an unpinned blade sits on top of the first blade, but that doesn't seem to be the case here.
Cheers
Greg

Add Your Message Here
Bold text Italics Underline Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image

Username: Posting Information:
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Password:
Options: Enable HTML code in message
Automatically activate URLs in message
Action:

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions | Program Credits Administration