Who are we?  Featured Cameras  Articles  Instruction Manuals  Repair Manuals  The Classic Camera Repair Forum  Books  View/Sign Guestbook

Canon AE-1 Problem Log in | Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Classic Camera Repair » Archives-2008 » Canon AE-1 Problem « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Benb1
Tinkerer
Username: Benb1

Post Number: 1

Rating: N/A
Votes: 0 (Vote!)

Posted on Monday, November 17, 2008 - 07:26 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Hi all,

I had taken apart the cover piece with the "Canon" writing on it in order to clean my fathers dusty Canon AE-1. In doing so, a small piece fell out onto the table. I was not sure what this was, but i think it may have something to do with the automatic setting for the aperture. Now when I try to take a photo, the "M" in the light meter is lit, even though the aperture on the lens is set to the "A" mark. This all worked of course before I decided to disassemble it. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

-Ben

"Little Piece"

Fiftyfifty
Tinkerer
Username: Fiftyfifty

Post Number: 30

Posted on Monday, November 17, 2008 - 11:59 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Hello Ben

If you take your lens off the camera,and look at the lens mount,there is a hole at about 8 o`clock, that is where this small piece should be.If you can not see the end of a stud in the hole yours is missing.
You will have to remove the front surround to the lens mount ( 4 screws ).
Then another 4 screws to remove the lens mount, these can be very tight, so get a good grip on the screw driver.Replace the stud,it only goes one way round, and now screw everything back, the lens mount screws must be tight, they do hold the lens on.
Best of luck.
Doug

Benb1
Tinkerer
Username: Benb1

Post Number: 2

Posted on Thursday, November 20, 2008 - 05:44 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

thanks for the help Doug, everything is working good now.

Add Your Message Here
Bold text Italics Underline Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image

Username: Posting Information:
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Password:
Options: Enable HTML code in message
Automatically activate URLs in message
Action:

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions | Program Credits Administration