Who are we?  Featured Cameras  Articles  Instruction Manuals  Repair Manuals  The Classic Camera Repair Forum  Books  View/Sign Guestbook

Argus C3 Disassembly Help Log in | Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Classic Camera Repair » Archives-2008 » Argus C3 Disassembly Help « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Lgdavis
Tinkerer
Username: Lgdavis

Post Number: 15

Rating: N/A
Votes: 0 (Vote!)

Posted on Wednesday, November 19, 2008 - 08:52 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

I am going to change the skin on an Argus C3. The front comes of easily as is has to come off for inside service. The back leather, however, is glued on very well - came off in pieces/shreads. On the back - on the door - two metal (brass I think) eyepieces (no lenses) are attached for the rangefinder and focusing. Does anyone know if these come out or are they glued in place? The existing leather is underneath the edges of the eyepieces so it looks like it would be easier to put in new leather if they came out. They don't appear to have threads, so I don't think they're screwed in. I've pressed on them a bit from the inside to see if they just snap in place, but don't want to push too hard. Help. Thanks, Larry
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Jed
Tinkerer
Username: Jed

Post Number: 7

Rating: N/A
Votes: 0 (Vote!)

Posted on Wednesday, December 03, 2008 - 04:38 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

The bezels are pressed in place. A punch and small hammer will tap them out and then back in after replacing the leatherette.

Add Your Message Here
Bold text Italics Underline Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image

Username: Posting Information:
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Password:
Options: Enable HTML code in message
Automatically activate URLs in message
Action:

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions | Program Credits Administration