Who are we?  Featured Cameras  Articles  Instruction Manuals  Repair Manuals  The Classic Camera Repair Forum  Books  View/Sign Guestbook

Flocking a salyut c and others Log in | Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Classic Camera Repair » Archives-2008 » Flocking a salyut c and others « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Xantica
Tinkerer
Username: Xantica

Post Number: 6

Rating: N/A
Votes: 0 (Vote!)

Posted on Tuesday, December 02, 2008 - 08:04 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

I have to re flock a salyut c and a couple of fuji stx-1's. I managed to find what I think may be a suitable material in the form of old jewellers pouches, their black and have a short black velvety side to them, anyone know if this is suitable for the job ?

Xantica
Tinkerer

Post Number: 7

Posted on Tuesday, December 02, 2008 - 08:18 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

sorry guys thought i was in the restoration forum!!. Someone move this if they can.

Dgillette4
Tinkerer
Username: Dgillette4

Post Number: 256

Posted on Tuesday, December 02, 2008 - 10:34 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Just as long as the flock is short and doesen't block movement of mirror mechanism it should be ok. I would use a good cement to hold it on andu would be leery of using the tape used in leatherette. If you want to buy there is a kit just made for it. check Kiev-a -holic web page. Don

Glenn
Tinkerer
Username: Glenn

Post Number: 461

Posted on Tuesday, December 02, 2008 - 10:38 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

I doubt that your choice is the best one. You do not want any materials that will deposit threads and fibres into the guts of the cameras. Sheets of matt black flocked,self adhesive non woven material are readily and cheaply available. There is penny pinching and penny pinching and I think that this is one job where the proper materials will both be easier to cut out and apply and produce a better job! I believe that there are precut kits available for most of the medium format cameras that originated from Eastern Europe.

Xantica
Tinkerer

Post Number: 8

Posted on Tuesday, December 02, 2008 - 11:34 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Penny Pinching ! you make it sound like I went looking for it glen, I had it given to me and just looked at it and thought "hmm I wonder".

Thanks for the advice anyway and will look on the Devils auction site for some proper gear.

Add Your Message Here
Bold text Italics Underline Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image

Username: Posting Information:
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Password:
Options: Enable HTML code in message
Automatically activate URLs in message
Action:

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions | Program Credits Administration