Who are we?  Featured Cameras  Articles  Instruction Manuals  Repair Manuals  The Classic Camera Repair Forum  Books  View/Sign Guestbook

Anyone who knows ANYTHING about old c... Log in | Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Classic Camera Repair » Archives-2008 » Anyone who knows ANYTHING about old cameras?!? « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Helpxme
Tinkerer
Username: Helpxme

Post Number: 1

Rating: N/A
Votes: 0 (Vote!)

Posted on Friday, December 05, 2008 - 01:37 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

theres this problem withh my 35mm Fujika camera..

i was in the middle of taking pictures for a school shoot, and when i went to rewind the film, i realized the rewind-lever [next to shutter] was loose. it's free and would not change the film number.. and the shutter button wouldn't let me push down on it to take a picturee!
there were 10 more pictures to go in the film..

what can i possibly do besides take it to a shop to get fixed?!

Monopix
Tinkerer
Username: Monopix

Post Number: 9

Posted on Sunday, December 07, 2008 - 05:23 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

I'm interpreting this as the wind-on (film advance) lever is doing nothing in which case, taking it somewhere to get it fixed is probably the only option unless you're prepared to start dismantling the camera yourself.

Donnie_strickland
Tinkerer
Username: Donnie_strickland

Post Number: 58

Posted on Sunday, December 07, 2008 - 09:28 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Which Fujica is it? We need the model number to be able to help further, if possible.

Msiegel
Tinkerer
Username: Msiegel

Post Number: 71

Posted on Sunday, December 07, 2008 - 09:32 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Fujika produced quite a lot of different 35mm cameras - could you be a bit more specific which type you are talking about?
First thing I'd recommend is winding the film back and taking it out of the camera and have it developped. You lose the 10 remaining frames of the roll but that's much better than losing also the exposed pics. You can't do much repairing as long as there is film loaded.
Check if maybe only the andvance lever came loose maybe there is ascrew visible on top of the lever which you could tighten.

Add Your Message Here
Bold text Italics Underline Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image

Username: Posting Information:
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Password:
Options: Enable HTML code in message
Automatically activate URLs in message
Action:

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions | Program Credits Administration