Who are we?  Featured Cameras  Articles  Instruction Manuals  Repair Manuals  The Classic Camera Repair Forum  Books  View/Sign Guestbook

Konica T3 needs help for its wind lev... Log in | Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Classic Camera Repair » Archives-2008 » Konica T3 needs help for its wind lever issue « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Manowar
Tinkerer
Username: Manowar

Post Number: 1

Rating: N/A
Votes: 0 (Vote!)

Posted on Friday, December 05, 2008 - 03:06 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Hi all.
Im having this issue with my Konica T3 for quite sometime and it does waste alot of film recently. Dont know whether the shutter release or the mechanism of wind lever.
I load the film into the camera, after few shoots then it happens. After turning the wind lever, to cock the flim, the shutter fires itself when the wind-lever is in the half-way back to its resting position. It doesn't happen all the time, but when it happens the camera would take about 2 to 4 shoots itself immediately after i wind the film. I have tried to turn the wind lever and hold it with abit effort when the wind-lever goes back to the main position but it's no help.
Does any one know what this problems is? Would you recommend any reliable address to send my T3 for a safe hand service?
Thanks

Gez
Tinkerer
Username: Gez

Post Number: 44

Posted on Sunday, December 14, 2008 - 03:08 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

There are 2 possible causes to the problem, either the shutter tensioning latch is not engaging or the mirror latch is stuck.

Does the mirror stay in the viewing position when the shutter fires? Or does the mirror flip up at the end of the winding stroke?

It is also possible, though not likely, that the cocking bar or gear is out of alignment.

You may have to pull the front panel, but sometimes a repair can be effected by careful application of lubrication through cut-outs under the base plate

Gez
Tinkerer

Post Number: 45

Posted on Monday, December 15, 2008 - 05:17 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

PS, if you live in the US, Weber Camera is by all accounts the place for Konica repair, though I haven't used their repair facility.

If you are interested in getting some repair experience a cheap non-running T2 is the place to start.

Manowar
Tinkerer
Username: Manowar

Post Number: 2

Posted on Tuesday, December 23, 2008 - 02:53 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Thanks for reply.
The mirror is not stucked in this case. It is a whole process like you press the shutter button, everything goes normaly like when you are taking the picture the only differece is the camera operates itself.
The mirror lifts up when the wind lever goes back half way to main position.
I've heard about Weber unfortunely i live in UK.
any one?

Gez
Tinkerer

Post Number: 48

Posted on Friday, December 26, 2008 - 08:14 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

From your description the problem is probably due to the tensioning lever latch not engaging, either because of wear (unlikely) or simply dried out lubrication. If the latch doesn't engage the mirror starts to rise and activates the shutter release tab.

It is also possible that the mirror isn't resetting fully at the end of the release cycle. Sometimes this is caused by corrosion to the pivot of the mirror rise damping mechanism. This little device sits very close to the top of the battery box and is easily affected by leaking batteries. Have a look at the battery chamber for signs of corrosion.

Both problems are easy to fix but the front panel will have to come off which is quite a bit of work.

PS if you live within 30 miles of Manchester I can take a quick look.

Add Your Message Here
Bold text Italics Underline Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image

Username: Posting Information:
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Password:
Options: Enable HTML code in message
Automatically activate URLs in message
Action:

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions | Program Credits Administration