Who are we?  Featured Cameras  Articles  Instruction Manuals  Repair Manuals  The Classic Camera Repair Forum  Books  View/Sign Guestbook

Compur rapid Log in | Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Classic Camera Repair » Archives-2008 » Compur rapid « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Don_m
Tinkerer
Username: Don_m

Post Number: 7

Rating: N/A
Votes: 0 (Vote!)

Posted on Tuesday, December 09, 2008 - 05:06 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

almost forgot why I was here--

1-500---I got one speed,probably 250 or 500.

This is my first experience with this----is there an easy fix? can I just hit it with a hammer somewhere? It's a Voigtlander Brillant and I don't want to take the whole thing apart. I've shot a number of rolls with it already--kind of like my E35 that only fires at 1/500--thank God for F stops.

Rick_oleson
Tinkerer
Username: Rick_oleson

Post Number: 739

Posted on Thursday, December 11, 2008 - 06:01 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

There are a number of helpful sites on the web for this... I have some notes at http://rick_oleson.tripod.com/index-55.html, there are others that are probably clearer. You need to unscrew the front lens (if this is a Focusing Brilliant, you have to deal with the gears between the lenses; I don't have notes on the Brilliant but in principle it's kind of like the Kodak Reflex at http://rick_oleson.tripod.com/index-83.html), remove a retaining ring, lift off the front of the shutter and clean the timing gears with solvent (cigarette lighter fluid is a good choice). I'd read up on this as much as possible before starting, and I'd have a digital camera handy to photograph every part before removing it so you have a reference for how it goes back in.

Don_m
Tinkerer
Username: Don_m

Post Number: 11

Posted on Saturday, December 13, 2008 - 12:42 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Thanks,Rick--

but I don't have a great success rate cleaning shutters.I have a Kodak reflex--cleaned that shutter to death---doesn't work at all now, :>)

so it will be a one speed box camera--at least I have F stops -3.5-16

Add Your Message Here
Bold text Italics Underline Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image

Username: Posting Information:
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Password:
Options: Enable HTML code in message
Automatically activate URLs in message
Action:

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions | Program Credits Administration