Who are we?  Featured Cameras  Articles  Instruction Manuals  Repair Manuals  The Classic Camera Repair Forum  Books  View/Sign Guestbook

Olympus Pen EE repair Log in | Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Classic Camera Repair » Archives-2008 » Olympus Pen EE repair « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Flint
Tinkerer
Username: Flint

Post Number: 1

Rating: N/A
Votes: 0 (Vote!)

Posted on Wednesday, December 10, 2008 - 10:37 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Hi folks,

I'm new to this site and arrived looking for some information about the Olympus Pen EE camera(later model with 2 shutter speeds, basket weave and Olympus Pen written across the viewfinder).

Same old same. I bought it off ebay as in working condition and the cameara has the shutter blades jammed and it seems to me as if the lens is very slightly lifted (seller says there have not been previous attempts to repair it and that the camera was working OK when she put it away in the loft so many years ago).

After taking the camera to the shop and getting a heavy quote for fixing it I think I'd like to give it a try myself. I have no previous experience fixing cameras so here I am asking if somebody could please help me or at least point me in the right direction to find information about:

1. Tools needed for dismantling the camera.
2. General cleaning of the camera, viewfinder, lens, etc. How to perform it and chemicals required.
3. Actual repair of the shutter blades issue.

I've found a thread on this site with information about fixing shutter blades in an Olympus Trip which is a different model and I found it a bit difficult to follow for someone like me with no experience in camears or repairs.

Thank you very much in advance to whoever replies and regards to all who read.

Add Your Message Here
Bold text Italics Underline Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image

Username: Posting Information:
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Password:
Options: Enable HTML code in message
Automatically activate URLs in message
Action:

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions | Program Credits Administration