Who are we?  Featured Cameras  Articles  Instruction Manuals  Repair Manuals  The Classic Camera Repair Forum  Books  View/Sign Guestbook

Nikkor 35/2 disassembly Log in | Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Classic Camera Repair » Archives-2008 » Nikkor 35/2 disassembly « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Gurdie
Tinkerer
Username: Gurdie

Post Number: 1

Rating: N/A
Votes: 0 (Vote!)

Posted on Friday, December 12, 2008 - 09:24 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Hi!

I just bought a 35 mm f:2 Nikkor AI-S lens, which has some fungus, propably inside the front element. Has anybody opened this lens and is the front element reachable? There is no "name ring" to start with.

Thanks,

Gurdie

Rick_oleson
Tinkerer
Username: Rick_oleson

Post Number: 740

Posted on Friday, December 12, 2008 - 05:02 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

I have a sort of exploded-view sketch of the disassembly, but I did not separate individual elements from the lens cells. You start by unscrewing the front half of the focus ring, this reveals a set screw in the side of the front end of the barrel so you can get it off. I'll send you the sketch if you would like to email me for it at [email protected]

Gurdie
Tinkerer
Username: Gurdie

Post Number: 2

Posted on Friday, December 12, 2008 - 11:07 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Thank You Rick. IŽll send my e-mail address.

Add Your Message Here
Bold text Italics Underline Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image

Username: Posting Information:
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Password:
Options: Enable HTML code in message
Automatically activate URLs in message
Action:

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions | Program Credits Administration