Who are we?  Featured Cameras  Articles  Instruction Manuals  Repair Manuals  The Classic Camera Repair Forum  Books  View/Sign Guestbook

Contaflex prism swap help. Log in | Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Classic Camera Repair » Archives-2008 » Contaflex prism swap help. « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Orangeboy
Tinkerer
Username: Orangeboy

Post Number: 1

Rating: N/A
Votes: 0 (Vote!)

Posted on Wednesday, December 24, 2008 - 06:17 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

I just finished repairing my pentax 645 viewfinder and now I'm feeling bold enough to tackle my Contaflex I.

I have one with a good prism and a fungus lens and one with a cracked one and a good lens. How Do I get the top off? Anything to watch out for?

I would also like to clean the lens and leaf shutter.

Thanks.

Marcus.

Rick_oleson
Tinkerer
Username: Rick_oleson

Post Number: 750

Posted on Wednesday, December 24, 2008 - 10:12 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

I have notes for removing the top from the Contaflex 4, it might be close enough to help with the 1. Please email [email protected] if you'd like a copy.

Orangeboy
Tinkerer
Username: Orangeboy

Post Number: 2

Posted on Thursday, December 25, 2008 - 01:55 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Thanks for the offer, I managed pretty well. Nothing too tricky. The new prism is a little low now and stops the mirror from fully retracting. so it's all apart again tomorrowand shim the prism.

Do you know how to remove the front element? There is a bunch of nasty dust that could use a blow off.

Thanks.

Add Your Message Here
Bold text Italics Underline Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image

Username: Posting Information:
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Password:
Options: Enable HTML code in message
Automatically activate URLs in message
Action:

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions | Program Credits Administration