Who are we?  Featured Cameras  Articles  Instruction Manuals  Repair Manuals  The Classic Camera Repair Forum  Books  View/Sign Guestbook

Pentax K-1000 SE questions Log in | Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Classic Camera Repair » Archives-2008 » Pentax K-1000 SE questions « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Melissa Haire

Rating: N/A
Votes: 0 (Vote!)

Posted on Wednesday, October 12, 2005 - 01:30 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

I recently purchased a Pentax 1000 on ebay and unfortunately don't know much about it. I do have an instruction manual and have been following the instructions to load film, the battery, etc. The manual states that in order to check if the battery is good to switch the ASA to 100, and place the shutter speed to B, then look in the viewfinder at the exposure meter and if the needle is pointing toward the + the battery is good and if it doesn't move at all then it is bad. I put a new battery in the camera and did the check but the needle didn't move. I am almost positive that I bought the right battery but considering that the instruction manual is old and batteries have changed since it was written I may need a up to date name for the battery type needed. What am I doing wrong and is there any other way I can tell if the battery is working? I also read that you can still take pictures without using the battery. How does this work?

Evan Wickeknamp

Posted on Saturday, October 15, 2005 - 09:15 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

I have a K1000 with leather strap hangers other than just the metal triangle shaped oones,is that a rare thing? Plus above the lens it has AOCO engraved into a triangle shape and is that also rare?

Roberto Rossi

Posted on Sunday, October 16, 2005 - 11:53 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Melissa,

Most likely the exposure meter is defunct.This could be due to corroded contacts,bad wires or broken galvo.However this camera is mechanical,battery is only for exposure meter.So purchase a separate handheld meter and enjoy the camera.

Evan,

The leather strap hangers are common after market items.The AOCO is also common, it is the trade mark 'Ashi Optical Corp'.

lala destern

Posted on Wednesday, May 10, 2006 - 06:49 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

help i fond a new asahi pentax camera were i work and it has a lense but no manul do you know were i might find one

bubba

Posted on Monday, June 12, 2006 - 07:50 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Crazy as it sounds, Pentax has all its old camera, lens, and accessories manuals online and you can download them for free. You'll find your Pentax K1000 owner's manual at this link:
http://www.pentax.com/docstore/index.cfm?show=6

hernan

Posted on Saturday, July 15, 2006 - 07:09 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

quisiera saber en que se diferencia la camara pentax K 1000, de la pentax K 1000 SE , a perdon soy de argentina gracias por responderme.HERNAN_

Spotomatic
Tinkerer
Username: Spotomatic

Post Number: 4

Posted on Wednesday, August 08, 2007 - 01:40 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

The Small Battery Company http://www.smallbattery.company.org.uk/ will have exactly the right battery. Their service is very quick and efficient.

Greymuse
Tinkerer
Username: Greymuse

Post Number: 1

Posted on Saturday, March 22, 2008 - 10:53 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

I have my grandpa's roughly 30 year old Pentax Honeywell. I've taken some great shots, but the battery he gave me in a little sandwich baggie has finally run out and no one will sell me a new one unless I know what kind my camera uses. I've take a few rolls with no meter, but I have yet to see the results and I'm very nervous, having to guess with the meter. Could you tell me what kind of battery I need to look for? I can't even get stores to sell me a few to try out!

Glenn
Tinkerer
Username: Glenn

Post Number: 307

Posted on Sunday, March 23, 2008 - 08:27 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

I guess your camera used the Mercury PX675 or PX 625 1.35 volt battery originally. Mercury cells are nolonger available and the modern Silver cells are 1.55 volts. The higher voltage of the modern replacement means that your meter will be off. However most people use the equivalent 1.4 volt zinc/air hearing aid battery, this works without a recalibration.
Using the link in 'Spotmatics' post and the cell type code from your old battery, you will be able to find the required hearing aid cell code - click 'Mercury Batteries' and you will find a list of equivalents. If you click 'Hearing Aid Batteries', you will only find the 675 cell listed - if your old battery measures 11.6mm diameter, then it is a 675 type cell. The 625 type measures 15.6mm in diameter. Here in UK, most large chemists - pharmacies in US? - sell hearing aid cells. Although not as long lasting, they work well and are cheap.

If you search the Archive for 'Mercury Cell/ battery Replacements' you will find more details. I do not know the exact cell for your camera, both the 625 and 675 were common for camera use. If you have binned the old battery, just measure the diameter of the hole in the body.

Kimbear
Tinkerer
Username: Kimbear

Post Number: 1

Posted on Monday, June 23, 2008 - 02:08 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

I need some help with loading my camera. I've read that when loading it, to have the shinny black part facing the lens. For some reason mine won't work like that. Is it broken or made wrong? I just think that I don't know how to do it. I've had other people try to load it but when the roll is done, and I go to wind it back away the little knotches that hold the film in place, just tear the film. If anyone can help, please do.

Msiegel
Tinkerer
Username: Msiegel

Post Number: 28

Posted on Friday, June 27, 2008 - 03:54 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Kimbear,
when rewinding the film you have to depress the little button on the bottom of the camera. This will release the sprocket wheel and the film can be wound back.
You can find a manual for the K-1000 here:
http://www.butkus.org/chinon/index.html
You can download the manual without problems but a small donation is asked for to keep the site running.

Petercat
Tinkerer
Username: Petercat

Post Number: 59

Posted on Saturday, July 12, 2008 - 11:36 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Kimbear-
he shiny black side of the film should face away from the lens. Hold the film cassette in front of you so that you can read the writing. The end on your right (without the round piece sticking out) goes up. The narrow tongue of film sticking out should go across the bottom of the film opening.
(It's not always black, it could be brown or grey. Whatever, the shiny side faces you.)

Add Your Message Here
Bold text Italics Underline Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image

Username: Posting Information:
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Password:
Options: Enable HTML code in message
Automatically activate URLs in message
Action:

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions | Program Credits Administration