Who are we?  Featured Cameras  Articles  Instruction Manuals  Repair Manuals  The Classic Camera Repair Forum  Books  View/Sign Guestbook

Rollieflex SL35 E Log in | Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Classic Camera Repair » Archives-2008 » Rollieflex SL35 E « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Spotomatic
Tinkerer
Username: Spotomatic

Post Number: 1

Rating: N/A
Votes: 0 (Vote!)

Posted on Wednesday, August 08, 2007 - 01:01 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Hi Guys

I've just acquired a Rollieflex SL35 E but it comes with no instructions. I've worked out that the camera speeds are lined up with the mark on the prism housing, but there are three letters: B, X and A What do they stand for? Bulb, Flash Auto I guess Also.... what's the button near the film rewind labelled BC and what's the switch on the back to the left of the eyepiece labelled R & M?

One of the several lenses is a Distagon 2.8/16 ....yes really! It appears to be stuck on f8. Is it faulty or am I missing something?

Rlc
Tinkerer
Username: Rlc

Post Number: 16

Posted on Wednesday, August 08, 2007 - 01:29 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

BC is usual designation for Battery Check but not familiar with this camera.

Spotomatic
Tinkerer
Username: Spotomatic

Post Number: 5

Posted on Wednesday, August 08, 2007 - 01:53 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Yep! Battery check fits! Cheers

Johnlees45
Tinkerer
Username: Johnlees45

Post Number: 54

Posted on Thursday, August 09, 2007 - 12:42 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

My Balda Baldessa has similar markings by a lever, namely "V" "X" and "M". The M is uncoloured, the X is red and the V is green. The V position has to be held in as it is spring-loaded but the lever can be left in M or X.
I have never found out what these marks mean. Can anyone advise?
This is a non-automatic camera and does not use a battery.

Wernerjb
Tinkerer
Username: Wernerjb

Post Number: 177

Posted on Thursday, August 09, 2007 - 02:22 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Hi John, although I do not know that camera the lettering on this Baldessa of yours reminds me of the cameras I used when I was a child: "V" could relate to G "Vorlauf", as the photo lingo equivalent of selftimer; "X" synchronizes the shutter with electronic flashes, "M" was the setting for certain flashbulbs, W.

Johnlees45
Tinkerer

Post Number: 55

Posted on Thursday, August 09, 2007 - 03:08 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Thanks, Wernerjb. I'll look into this in the morning and see if the V somehow relates to self-timing. I will post here again.

Rlc
Tinkerer
Username: Rlc

Post Number: 17

Posted on Thursday, August 09, 2007 - 05:26 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Yes indeed the Green "V" is for the lever which winds the self timer. Lever should stay in locked position when moved all the way. When shutter release is triggered it should slowly move to original position and the shutter will fire.

Johnlees45
Tinkerer

Post Number: 56

Posted on Friday, August 10, 2007 - 03:21 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Thanks, Rlc. No, it definitely will not stay in the "V" position. It springs back to "X" immediately. I will look into this and report back.

Gnordo
Tinkerer
Username: Gnordo

Post Number: 1

Posted on Saturday, July 12, 2008 - 12:35 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

You will have already worked this out but....

B, X, & A, are Bulb, Flash, and Auto.

The lever at the back is Rewind and Multi-exposure. They do much the same thing.

BC is indeed battery check.

The little red lever between the release button and winder lever is the release lock.

Add Your Message Here
Bold text Italics Underline Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image

Username: Posting Information:
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Password:
Options: Enable HTML code in message
Automatically activate URLs in message
Action:

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions | Program Credits Administration