Who are we?  Featured Cameras  Articles  Instruction Manuals  Repair Manuals  The Classic Camera Repair Forum  Books  View/Sign Guestbook

Lens repair: Fujinon 35mm f/1.7 Log in | Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Classic Camera Repair » Maintenance & Repair » Lens repair: Fujinon 35mm f/1.7 « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Velocity
Tinkerer
Username: Velocity

Post Number: 1

Rating: N/A
Votes: 0 (Vote!)

Posted on Friday, March 13, 2009 - 05:38 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Greetings all, I've read over some random posts on this forum a few times but this is the first time I'm posting with an issue of my own.

I recently bought a very cheap Fuji lens with a weird issue. First, the aperture and focal rings are "uncalibrated" - that is, the aperture ring has a marked range from 1.7 to 22, but when the aperture is wide open (confirmed visually by looking at the diaphram) the indicator mark that rests between thw focal and aperture rings indicates an aperture of 2.8. The aperture ring can also be rotated well beyond 22.

However, the issue is not just that the aperture ring is offset; the focal ring is offset, too. But even worse, then the focal ring is rotated, the aperture diaphram rotates with it and facilitates a closing of the blades, even if I hold the aperture ring steady. A visual inspection of the lens shows that there seems to be a screw missing from along the focal ring, but there are two other screws that are in-tact and firmly secured (although given the size of the gaping screw hole, it would seem that the missing screw was a bit larger than the other two).

Does anyone have any ideas as to what the issue is and what can be done to fix it? If it's beyond repair, I'll just dissect it as a learning experience... I'd originally bought it thinking that it was the M42-mount Fujinon 35mm f/1.9, but instead it turned out to be a TV lens. The mount seems as if it'd fit M42, but it won't screw into the mount nicely (and I won't force it and risk damaging the mount). I'm afraid that it may be a T-mount or C-mount instead (assuming a C-mount has threads).

I can provide pictures if it'd help with anything; just let me know. Thanks for any advice! :-)
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Zcream
Tinkerer
Username: Zcream

Post Number: 8

Rating: N/A
Votes: 0 (Vote!)

Posted on Thursday, August 26, 2010 - 03:30 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Hmm. I am trying to repair a Cosmicar 25,, f1.9 tv lens as well. I took out all the screws - you need a small jewellers screwdriver. Unfortunately my focus helicoid refuses to come off.

Add Your Message Here
Bold text Italics Underline Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image

Username: Posting Information:
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Password:
Options: Enable HTML code in message
Automatically activate URLs in message
Action:

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions | Program Credits Administration