Who are we?  Featured Cameras  Articles  Instruction Manuals  Repair Manuals  The Classic Camera Repair Forum  Books  View/Sign Guestbook

Retina 1 type 117 - top cover Log in | Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Classic Camera Repair » Maintenance & Repair » Retina 1 type 117 - top cover « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Alex Varas (Alexvaras)
Tinkerer
Username: Alexvaras

Post Number: 4

Rating: N/A
Votes: 0 (Vote!)

Posted on Wednesday, June 16, 2021 - 12:52 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Hi all,

I got a good user Retina 1 and the winding mechanism doesnŐt behave correctly, I wanted to take a look inside and I found stuck removing the winding knob (rewind was easy).
I was able to remove the two small screws below the advance/rewind lever but thatŐs all.
I saw a video of Chris Sherlock doing the top cover of a type 119 and I was wondering if I should do similar, holding the inside part with a wrench key and turning CCW the winding knob.

Anybody has done this before?

Thank you in advance,
Alex

Alex Varas (Alexvaras)
Tinkerer
Username: Alexvaras

Post Number: 6

Posted on Sunday, June 20, 2021 - 12:44 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Well... Chris Sherlock just published the first video of the type 117 with the top cover removal.
Thank you, Chris!

Paul Ron (Paul_ron)
VIP
Username: Paul_ron

Post Number: 305

Posted on Thursday, July 01, 2021 - 08:25 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

those retinas were so much fun to work on. there is so much information posted in the past, you shouldn't have any trouble finding information right here.

Add Your Message Here
Bold text Italics Underline Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image

Username: Posting Information:
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Password:
Options: Enable HTML code in message
Automatically activate URLs in message
Action:

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions | Program Credits Administration