Who are we?  Featured Cameras  Articles  Instruction Manuals  Repair Manuals  The Classic Camera Repair Forum  Books  View/Sign Guestbook

Long shutter times on RTSii Log in | Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Classic Camera Repair » Maintenance & Repair » Long shutter times on RTSii « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Peter Robinson (Monopix)
VIP
Username: Monopix

Post Number: 227

Rating: N/A
Votes: 0 (Vote!)

Posted on Thursday, October 14, 2021 - 09:22 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

This is an update to an old thread which I can't seem to post to. I guess it's been locked but I thought it was worth posting this for anyone else with the same problem. The OP was asking about very long shutter times on an RTSii. I had the same problem and found the slow/long shutter speeds are caused by the 'TR Mechanism' (that's what it's called in the repair manual). It's actually the assembly that includes the shutter magnet which controls the time the shutter is open for. The problem is just simply dry lubrication. Cleaning with IPA then a light lubrication got my shutter speeds from anything up to two stops over exposing to being within 0.1 of a stop of ideal.
Unfortunately, to get at the assembly the mirror box needs to be removed and that's a whole other story.
www.contax139.co.uk

Hans Kerensky (Hanskerensky)
VIP
Username: Hanskerensky

Post Number: 280

Posted on Monday, October 18, 2021 - 02:22 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Thanks for sharing !

Maybe a good idea if you would include the link URL to that old thread ?

Peter Robinson (Monopix)
VIP
Username: Monopix

Post Number: 228

Posted on Monday, October 18, 2021 - 06:35 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

You're right Hans. Here it is:

https://kyp.hauslendale.com/classics/forum/messages/6900/5470.html
www.contax139.co.uk
www.contax-yashica-repairs.co.uk

Add Your Message Here
Bold text Italics Underline Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image

Username: Posting Information:
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Password:
Options: Enable HTML code in message
Automatically activate URLs in message
Action:

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions | Program Credits Administration