Who are we?  Featured Cameras  Articles  Instruction Manuals  Repair Manuals  The Classic Camera Repair Forum  Books  View/Sign Guestbook

Photos of Olympus Pen FT Meter and Mi... Log in | Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Classic Camera Repair » Maintenance & Repair » Photos of Olympus Pen FT Meter and Mirror « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Robert Feldman (Rafeldman)
Tinkerer
Username: Rafeldman

Post Number: 1

Rating: N/A
Votes: 0 (Vote!)

Posted on Wednesday, November 17, 2021 - 10:58 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

I recently removed the light meter and self timer from my Olympus Pen FT and replaced the partially-silvered meter mirror with a full-silvered mirror. Since I have the parts out, I thought I would post some images of the meter and mirror, as I have not seen good pictures of the partially-silvered mirror elsewhere online.

My Pen FT is a fairly late model, serial number 315xxx.

The mirror measures 1 1/4" by 3/4" overall. The silvering does not cover the entire mirror -- part is not silvered so the meter needle and scale can be seen.

In the photos, the thinnest graph paper lines are every 0.05"; the thickest lines are every 1/2". The mirror diagram is looking at the silvered side.
Mirror-side of light meter Side view of meter Photo cell and baffle (mirror removed) Partially-silvered mirror (silvered side) Partially-Silvered Mirror Measurements
Formerly r_a_feldman
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Hans Kerensky (Hanskerensky)
VIP
Username: Hanskerensky

Post Number: 281

Rating: N/A
Votes: 0 (Vote!)

Posted on Thursday, November 18, 2021 - 01:20 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Thanks for sharing !

Add Your Message Here
Bold text Italics Underline Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image

Username: Posting Information:
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Password:
Options: Enable HTML code in message
Automatically activate URLs in message
Action:

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions | Program Credits Administration