Who are we?  Featured Cameras  Articles  Instruction Manuals  Repair Manuals  The Classic Camera Repair Forum  Books  View/Sign Guestbook

Olympus Pen FT Meter Mirror Replacement Log in | Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Classic Camera Repair » Maintenance & Repair » Olympus Pen FT Meter Mirror Replacement « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Robert Feldman (Rafeldman)
Tinkerer
Username: Rafeldman

Post Number: 2

Rating: N/A
Votes: 0 (Vote!)

Posted on Wednesday, November 17, 2021 - 03:40 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

To continue my previous post, here are pictures of the Pen FT after the meter and self timer have been removed and a new full-silvered mirror added.

I beveled the top edges of the new mirror ( to match the original) using a very fine sanding belt.

I needed to make a backing plate from thin brass sheet to hold the mirror (shown on the left in the first picture; this picture shows the upper, non-silvered, side of the new mirror in the center). The brass plate is shown before the two tabs on the left and one tab on the right were bent 90 degrees to hold the mirror in place. I also used a thin plastic sheet to cover the back of the mirror (shown in the first photo, on the right). Spacers were needed where the brass plate attaches to the camera, and I needed three new 1/4" 0-80 bolts to do this, as the new mirror was thicker than the old one. I also used an 0-80 nut to hold the bolt that went through the lens mount to attached the self timer. The thinnest grid lines are spaced at 0.05" and the heaviest at 1/2".

The red wire in the second picture was attached to the meter. I covered the bare end with contact cement as an insulation.

By the way, I used the well-illustrated disassembly instructions at https://www.olypedia.de/index.php?title=DEMO_an_PEN_FT to guide my work.

New Backing Plate, Mirror and Spacer
New Mirror in Place, back view
New Mirror in Place, front view
Formerly r_a_feldman

Add Your Message Here
Bold text Italics Underline Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image

Username: Posting Information:
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Password:
Options: Enable HTML code in message
Automatically activate URLs in message
Action:

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions | Program Credits Administration