Who are we?  Featured Cameras  Articles  Instruction Manuals  Repair Manuals  The Classic Camera Repair Forum  Books  View/Sign Guestbook

Konica Standard shutter spring Log in | Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Classic Camera Repair » Maintenance & Repair » Konica Standard shutter spring « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Blacknoise
Tinkerer
Username: Blacknoise

Post Number: 8

Rating: N/A
Votes: 0 (Vote!)

Posted on Friday, July 10, 2009 - 03:10 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Hi there,

The main spring on the shutter of my Konica standard has packed up. The end hook that attatches it to the cocking ring has snapped off. Does any one have a replacement I could purchase, or know where I can get one? Or is there any way to easily reform a new hook on the end?

Thanks

Rob

Jaslist
Tinkerer
Username: Jaslist

Post Number: 3

Posted on Saturday, November 13, 2010 - 05:58 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

There are specific spring manufactures in the country. I have visited 3 in the Portland Oregon area. You might Google for them in an area close to you. They literally make (or have) nearly any and everything that you might want or need. They may even have a stock pile that you might be able to peruse for a match. If not, they might be able to guide you to a facility. After all, the spring that you need was made by someone at some time.

Ron_g
Tinkerer
Username: Ron_g

Post Number: 51

Posted on Sunday, November 14, 2010 - 02:35 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

I have found it very difficult to find or buy small springs in my area of the usa.If anyone finds a source it would be a big help to those of us with poor eyesight and slow reflexes:-))
Ron G

Add Your Message Here
Bold text Italics Underline Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image

Username: Posting Information:
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Password:
Options: Enable HTML code in message
Automatically activate URLs in message
Action:

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions | Program Credits Administration