Who are we?  Featured Cameras  Articles  Instruction Manuals  Repair Manuals  The Classic Camera Repair Forum  Books  View/Sign Guestbook

How to open a Prazisa Ranger finder? Log in | Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Classic Camera Repair » Maintenance & Repair » How to open a Prazisa Ranger finder? « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Wciu
Tinkerer
Username: Wciu

Post Number: 1

Rating: N/A
Votes: 0 (Vote!)

Posted on Tuesday, September 01, 2009 - 09:19 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

I got one of these recently: http://www.mattdentonphoto.com/cameras/prazisa.html

Unfortunately, the horizontal alignment is off. I was hoping to open it up to adjust it, but can get it apart. I can only unscrew the screw on the left side, but there is a screw attached on the right side, probably behind the wheel, that I don't know how to get to.

Anyone has an idea on how I can take this thing apart and adjust the horizontal alignment?

Thanks

Waynemel
Tinkerer
Username: Waynemel

Post Number: 128

Posted on Friday, August 06, 2010 - 09:31 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

I have the same issue. Horizontal alignment is adjusted with the screw on the dial.
My rangefinder is way off in the vertical. Does anyone know hoe to make this adjustment?

Georgeboosh
Tinkerer
Username: Georgeboosh

Post Number: 13

Posted on Sunday, August 08, 2010 - 11:34 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

To open up the rangefinder to adjust the vertical alignment:
First- pry off the plastic circular distance scale from the dial that you turn to adjust the rangefinder.

This reveals a small screw on the dial. Undo the screw and remove.

Undo the large centre screw of the dial and remove the dial from the body of the rangefinder. There is a screw underneath on the main body. Undo this and remove screw.

On the left hand side of the rangefinder, to the left of the window that you look through, there is a screw underneath the black leatherette. Pry up the leatherette and undo this screw.

The rear (the side closest to you when looking through the window) can now be taken off.

I can't remember exactly what the insides look like but there is a panel with a screw on it inside, inbetween the two prisms/mirrors. Unscrew the screw and adjust the panel up or down to alter the vertical. It should be obvious once you see the inside unit.

Georgeboosh
Tinkerer

Post Number: 14

Posted on Sunday, August 08, 2010 - 11:40 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

To adjust the horizontal image alignment, hold the dial still while turning the large centre screw with a screw driver. No disassembly is required to adjust the horizontal alignment.

Waynemel
Tinkerer
Username: Waynemel

Post Number: 131

Posted on Monday, August 09, 2010 - 08:49 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Thanks for the information. Finding that hidden screw did the trick.
After opening, I realized how the vertical alignment can be done without opening the case.
To the right of the viewfinder, on the back is a small hole. Inside the rangefinder, on the inside back surface, is a slot in the mirror arm. This slot goes around the small hole. If you insert a small hooked tool (I used a dental pick), you can engage the slot on the back side. If you turn the tool, you are pushing the edges of the slot either up or down and therefore adjusting the vertical angle of the mirror.
I should have taken a photo of the insides to make it more clear.
I suspect that there was a special tool for making this adjustment.

Georgeboosh
Tinkerer

Post Number: 15

Posted on Tuesday, August 10, 2010 - 09:57 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

That is a good idea. I didn't spot that hole.

Add Your Message Here
Bold text Italics Underline Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image

Username: Posting Information:
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Password:
Options: Enable HTML code in message
Automatically activate URLs in message
Action:

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions | Program Credits Administration