Who are we?  Featured Cameras  Articles  Instruction Manuals  Repair Manuals  The Classic Camera Repair Forum  Books  View/Sign Guestbook

Light seals on Canon Demi EE17 Log in | Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Classic Camera Repair » Maintenance & Repair » Light seals on Canon Demi EE17 « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Monopix
Tinkerer
Username: Monopix

Post Number: 42

Rating: N/A
Votes: 0 (Vote!)

Posted on Thursday, September 03, 2009 - 10:49 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

I'm renovation a Demi and wondering what light seals should be fitted. There are only signs they existed around the viewfinder hole in the rear door and at the hinge. Anyone know if this is correct or should there be others.

If no one knows, I'll have to do a film test and see where/if the light comes in.

Charlie
Tinkerer
Username: Charlie

Post Number: 216

Posted on Friday, September 04, 2009 - 05:22 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Lots of camera don't use light seals.

Monopix
Tinkerer

Post Number: 43

Posted on Friday, September 04, 2009 - 09:03 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

"Lots of camera don't use light seals."

I'll put that down as a 'don't know' then shall I? ;-)

David_ritchie
Tinkerer
Username: David_ritchie

Post Number: 47

Posted on Friday, September 04, 2009 - 09:54 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

I agree with your findings. The only seals that I see on my EE17 are the ones that you cite.

Jon_goodman
Tinkerer
Username: Jon_goodman

Post Number: 40

Posted on Friday, September 04, 2009 - 04:46 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

I have images of the first model Demi. Please contact me and I'll share them with you. I can not recall about the 1.7, but the early Demi models used a fairly complex sealing scheme.
Jon

Monopix
Tinkerer

Post Number: 44

Posted on Sunday, September 06, 2009 - 01:47 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Thanks for the replies. I replaced what I could see and ran a film through it. There is a light leak coming from the viewfinder hole in the back - which means I didn't seal that well enough but nothing from anywhere else. I'll redo the viewfinder and try again but I think that's all it needs.

Nico
Tinkerer
Username: Nico

Post Number: 3

Posted on Sunday, July 25, 2010 - 12:46 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

I'm resealing the previous model, the Demi S and had to take out the old and disgustingly rotten ones that got messed up, like a black dust almost everywere, but at it was there, at least to let me see where put the new ones. And they were big foamies on the back door, in the empty areas, up and down the film presure plate. Also had wone on the little curve from the inferior right corner. But i dont know if your newer model had them elsewhere.
I supose thats the "fairly complex sealing scheme" that Jon refers to.

Add Your Message Here
Bold text Italics Underline Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image

Username: Posting Information:
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Password:
Options: Enable HTML code in message
Automatically activate URLs in message
Action:

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions | Program Credits Administration