Who are we?  Featured Cameras  Articles  Instruction Manuals  Repair Manuals  The Classic Camera Repair Forum  Books  View/Sign Guestbook

Miranda EE-2 repair Log in | Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Classic Camera Repair » Maintenance & Repair » Miranda EE-2 repair « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Ronnies
Tinkerer
Username: Ronnies

Post Number: 1

Rating: N/A
Votes: 0 (Vote!)

Posted on Monday, September 21, 2009 - 10:32 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Hi,

Does anyone know how to remove the shutter speed dial and wind on lever (concentric) on a Miranda EE-2? I'd like to get in and see if I can see why the shutter speed selector doesn;t change the apparent speed (apart from 'B') and why the wind on lever is loose and rotates freely.

Thanks

Ronnie

Rick_oleson
Tinkerer
Username: Rick_oleson

Post Number: 987

Posted on Tuesday, September 22, 2009 - 06:53 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

miranda wind lever

This is the Sensorex EE, but I believe they are very similar. The shutter speed escapement is just below this cover.

Ronnies
Tinkerer

Post Number: 3

Posted on Wednesday, September 23, 2009 - 01:15 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Thanks, Rick. That's exactly what I needed! Now to find something to get that little button unscrewed. :-)

Ronnie

Ronnies
Tinkerer

Post Number: 14

Posted on Thursday, February 11, 2010 - 02:51 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Well, I finally managed to have some time to take the top off and see what's going on.

It looks like the wind on lever return spring (or some such device) is broken so the ratchet doesn't push the lever back to its resting place. I did manage to get it to move back enough at a time to wind on with several strokes and fire the shutter. A small 'L' shaped part however has now come out and I've no idea where it goes back. On top of that one of the shutter curtains has become detached and (not related i think) the whole mechanism has now jammed with the shutter cocked (I think) and me unable to trip it or wind on any more.

This obviously requires a complete strip down now if I can find ou how and can get the time to do it.

Thanks to Rick for the very helpful diagram. The EE-2 is indeed similar but with an extra ring with the speeds marked so you can see them from the prism window.

Ronnie

Add Your Message Here
Bold text Italics Underline Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image

Username: Posting Information:
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Password:
Options: Enable HTML code in message
Automatically activate URLs in message
Action:

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions | Program Credits Administration